• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gp-61

gyro

GSN Contributor
Looks like mine needs to go to Kole. Muffler will not stay attached to the engine. Beyond frustrated right now.
It came loose on the second flight of the day yesterday, and then [MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION] spent a ton of time putting the high temp RTV gasket maker on redoing everything. Let it sit for 24 hours, then first flight of the day after 2 minutes, rattle rattle rattle.

Heads up [MENTION=2452]Limitless Aero[/MENTION], you got an engine on the way

AKfreak

150cc
Looks like mine needs to go to Kole. Muffler will not stay attached to the engine. Beyond frustrated right now.
It came loose on the second flight of the day yesterday, and then [MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION] spent a ton of time putting the high temp RTV gasket maker on redoing everything. Let it sit for 24 hours, then first flight of the day after 2 minutes, rattle rattle rattle.

Heads up [MENTION=2452]Limitless Aero[/MENTION], you got an engine on the way

That sounds like a huge pita.

Yowzilla

50cc
I was wrenching up the muffler after every 4th flight...Almost to the point where I was going to put some holes in the cowl to make it easy. Then go some Nord locks....Never had a problem since.

This is the part number I ordered.

91812A227 from McMaster Carr

hone

150cc
I was wrenching up the muffler after every 4th flight...Almost to the point where I was going to put some holes in the cowl to make it easy. Then go some Nord locks....Never had a problem since.

I wonder if the same size would work for my 123? I've been putting off purchasing some nordlocks because I'm not sure which size OD I need and my digital caliper battery died.

gyro

GSN Contributor

Thanks Charlie, I'll give those a try after Kole and I figure out the stripped threads on the jug (courtesy of the vibrating bolt)