• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Gotta start somewhere!!

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
Any chance the Demonstrator is coming out in a 50-60cc size in the very near future?

JC
Wish I had the answer to that, but the only insight I get is when things are ready to ship. If I hear anything I'll make sure to post it here first!

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
Who wants to see a new toy?!? We got the V2 48" EPP Extra in this week on our latest container at NorthWestRC.com and made it the first thing to build out of the new stuff! It's a whole other plane compared to the older Extra/Yak. The surface is a new nonporous EPP and is feels smooth to the touch. The control surfaces are reenforced and are sturdy like a regular built up wing.

DSC_0647.JPGDSC_0651.JPGDSC_0652.JPG

Just a few pics of the typical unboxing, goodies, and dry fit. Snuck in a maiden this morning in front of the house and couldn't be more thrilled with how it went!! Used the recommended Torque/Airboss power package but with a Falcon 13x6 on a Pulse 4s 35c 1800 and Savox 0257MG's as they're my new favorite over the Hitec 65 and are digital for the same price!

DSC_0642.JPGDSC_0644.JPGDSC_0645.JPG

After building gassers and crack profiles a lot lately, this "build" was mind numbingly easy in comparison and was knocked out in about 2 hours. Everything fit like it was supposed to and aside from me scraping the stab slightly as I was putting it together, everything looked great!! Flew amazing with the battery shoved as far forward as possible. I imagine you could put a larger battery in for increased flight times but 5-6 minutes on an electric is just fine for now. Here's a few pics but hope to have some video of it soon!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
^Usually it's just injection molded EPP rather than large flat sheets. Make a real smooth and shiny surface.
[MENTION=335]SupaTim[/MENTION] where's the video?????

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
^Usually it's just injection molded EPP rather than large flat sheets. Make a real smooth and shiny surface.
[MENTION=335]SupaTim[/MENTION] where's the video?????
We've had biblical style rain the last five or six days so no flying. This one lives in the backseat of my truck so the second I get a break you better believe I'm going to rip it up!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Sweet :cool:

Guess you'll have to migrate down south sometime this winter to fly in the sun!!!!!

Bipenut53

150cc
We've had biblical style rain the last five or six days so no flying. This one lives in the backseat of my truck so the second I get a break you better believe I'm going to rip it up!

I hope you arent around the Oriville road area Tim, or near the Puyallup river... I see lots of flooding in that area. I used to live in Eatonville and traveled the back roads around South Prairie and watch that RV park flood every year.... Stay Dry Tim!!

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
I hope you arent around the Oriville road area Tim, or near the Puyallup river... I see lots of flooding in that area. I used to live in Eatonville and traveled the back roads around South Prairie and watch that RV park flood every year.... Stay Dry Tim!!
Thanks man, where we live in the valley is just fine since I did a ton of levy work the last few years. Shop is up on the hill and if that floods the whole west coast is going to have a bunch of problems...

Bipenut53

150cc
I am looking forward for the release of the Turbo Bushmaster. With that airframe and the already proven Torque 4016T-500 motor and Airboss 80 amp ESC, and Hitec servos it should be a blast to fly!! I have been watching for this airframe's release since the announcement at Joe Nall. I hope it is going to be on your site soon in stock ready to ship!:popcorn: I might even have to drive over and pick it up!

Last edited by a moderator: