• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Got this here engine. now what?

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
i have thought hard about the sky wolf, but i havent seen any info on it and I AM NOT A BETA TESTER. only reason ihave not bought it...yet.

If anyone knows anything about skywold please chime in.

oh and i will look at the 107" decathalon... where is it at?

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
i have thought hard about the sky wolf, but i havent seen any info on it and I AM NOT A BETA TESTER. only reason ihave not bought it...yet.

If anyone knows anything about skywold please chime in.

oh and i will look at the 107" decathalon... where is it at?
Pilot rc has one. Bill hempel has a clipped wing cub that looks cool as well

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
specs on the 122"

Wingspan:

122 in(3.1M)
Wing Area: 2488 sq in(16055 sq cm)
Fuselage length: 84.5 in(2.15M)
Weight: 24.70 lbs(11.2kg)
Engine: 50~85cc

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
specs for the 107"

Wingspan:

107 in(2.7M)
Wing Area: 1913 sq in(12344sq cm)
Fuselage length: 74 in(1.89M)
Weight: 16 lbs (8.8kg)
Engine: 30~50CC

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
BH cub doesnt have flaps... and we dont need another cub in sioux falls.

ill ponder on the 107" decathalon

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I had the Pilot 107" Decathlon with a DA50 and it was a lot of fun to fly, that 61 might be a little much for it, you might want to ask around to see if anyone's put a 61 in the 107" version

jaybird

70cc twin V2
Rusty has a Skywolf with a DLE55RA. I haven't flown it (YET lol) but I saw Colton fly it at HOW and it looked like it was a blast. I understand the engine install with the 55RA was kind of a challenge though. Would be bananas with a 61. It's a great looking plane, looks to me like a cross between a Cessna 172 and a Maule.
If I was going with a Decathlon I'd do the 122". Those GP's are strong after a little break in.