• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Going to VP SEF: Any Reason to Not Buy Premix?

The issue is not mixing gas, the issue is the gas sitting around so I'm going to try SEF. The question at hand is to stick with Redline or use the oil in their Premix version.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
$25 bucks+ per gallon??!?!?!! Your engines will thank you if you just run Redline and the best pump gas you can find. So I guess I have to ask..........why the heck would you want to buy pre-mix?
Exactly . The least I can find the premix around here is $6.00/qt. I'm not paying $24.00 per gallon of gas. I have a convenient place to buy non-ethanol car gas so I just do that. Bought 10 gallons a few days ago for under $3.00 per gallon.
One bottle of Redline in each 5 gallon can and presto... 40:1 mix.

Alky6

150cc
Well, I buy race gas (and add redline 40:1) because I can't stand the smell of pump gasoline and the nasty stinky residue it leaves on everything:steamer:; even after it evaporates. At $14/gallon, it is well worth the expense (understandably in my mind). Has a two year shelf life as well - not that it lasts that long....

thurmma

150cc
That is some expensive gas! Even the 98 mixed 50 to 1 with redline is only 9.24 per gallon when you buy the redline in gallon qty :)