• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Giant Scale RC Why do this? Seriously??

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey @Jetpainter,

I feel your pain. We have one or two FOG's in our club too, but luckily our club officers keep them in check so they cannot complain too much..........:fist_pump:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Do what I did, become the pres! ( but we have a great bunch of guys anyways )
Been there, done that, never again, even if you held a gun to my head.
Had to think long and hard, but as I said we have a great bunch of guys. The BS'ing still happens at our field with a lot of fun.

Well it is more of a matter of taking office for reasons other than holding a charter by one individual and said individual not really being fit to hold office because he allows his anger to control his actions in a vengeful manner. Ends up making a really great place to fly suck.

-Rick-

100cc
We are a very diverse club, anything goes. But we are also a small club, that helps. Only problem we ever faced was a dude that thought it was cool to let his two big dogs run and **** in the middle of a active field. Had to tell (yell at) him to get his dogs off the field so we could land our planes. He is no longer a member....

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
We are a very diverse club, anything goes. But we are also a small club, that helps. Only problem we ever faced was a dude that thought it was cool to let his two big dogs run and **** in the middle of a active field. Had to tell (yell at) him to get his dogs off the field so we could land our planes. He is no longer a member....

See....Another example of individuals opinion that RC fields are not for flying. lol

My opinion of my clubs situation will not get posted because the issues are very serious and delicate to the survival of the club.
Lets just say I am completely fed up with adolescent behavior out of grown men.

-Rick-

100cc
Sorry to hear about that dimes. It's sad when club members can't work together to get the "issues" worked out like grown men.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Late to the game, but to answer the original question...for me;
  • I love flying aerobatics, always have....from my early full scale IAC days to present
  • Giant scales fly precision aerobatics better/easier than smaller planes
  • I can now watch my own sequences (instead of being in it)....basically putting on my own show
  • It is WAY cheaper than full scale (and many other hobbies with motors!)
  • If I crash....I DON'T DIE!!!!!!!!! I can still go home and kiss my wife :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
  • I love flying aerobatics, always have....from my early full scale IAC days to present
  • I can now watch my own sequences (instead of being in it)....basically putting on my own show
  • If I crash....I DON'T DIE!!!!!!!!! I can still go home and kiss my wife :cheers::cheers::cheers:
All EXCELLENT points!

Astro

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
That last point is kind of a biggie!

One of my customers got out of the airshow business for that reason. He had a Mig 15, a Mig 17 and an F-86. He did airshows around the country where he did a solo routine in the Mig 17 and a chase routine where he flew the Mig 15 and his partner flew the F-86. He told me that after one of his shows his partners wife came up to them and read them the riot act on how they were flying lower, faster, and tighter at every show and sooner or later they were going to fly into the ground. He realized she was right and quit. I never could get him interested in flying RC, but he still has a Pitts if he needs a thrill!