• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Generators?

jlmold

50cc
Yea, I think thats what were gonna have to do. We need to get something put together. Been too long!

Here's mine, it's only good for indoor flying though!
FullSizeRender.jpg

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Plus 1 on the Ryobi.....I have one as a backup to my Toyhaulers Onan......While it wont run the AC....it will run everything else. It is only a little bit louder than a comparable Honda and is just as reliable so far.....

CB

CB, I just bought a toyhauler with an on board onan 4k generator. Just curious on yours what size it is and if it will run your A/C. My generator shuts off when the A/C compressor kicks on. Its a 15000 BTU A/C so I'm thinking 4k might be borderline. I haven't got to mess with it much as its been too cold for the thermostat to let the a/c kick on but the guy I bought it from let the thing sit for 2 years and only used the generator once. The next time I play with it I'll be adding a hard start capacitor to see if it will run the a/c that way....

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
I have the Honda and love it. I can't here it run in my trailer and never have I ever heard of any problems with them although I am sure it can happen. That said a guy at one of our local fields just got the Yamaha and it is just a bit louder but seems to be identical to the Honda performance. As for ALL the others well that's what they seem to be, just the others.

I do notice just about every fire department and emergency crew I see use the Honda's. Hmmmm.
Yes.
I've been in the Fire Service for 34 years, and can tell you that my Department has Honda generators, and we spec them for a reason. I currently have no need for one, but if and when I do, it will be a Honda or I won't own a generator.
My .02. As usual, YMMV.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I have an older Honda EM650 generator that was retired from fire service. The thing still works awesome, have to use devices that take up to 160v input because it does put out a lot of juice. Fires every time first pull no longer how long it's been sitting.

Not as quiet as the newer Honda inverters, BUT it's not obnoxiously loud either.

I have a Yamaha 2000 that works great but it's to heavy for me to carry. I don.t need 2000 watts to run a fan or charge batteries. Wished I could find a quality 1000 watt generator that doesn't weigh more than 10 lbs.