• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gas engine backfire

Sounds like you know the Syssa story from beginning to present. Its a typical story that has repeated itself too many times in out hobby ...... a dedicated individual with an excellent product but trying to do too many things without enough help. Its very difficult to design, produce and market a product while still trying to do customer service, correspondence, etc. pretty much all by yourself. There aren't enough hours in the day .....

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
I believe you're exactly right. It's too bad. The engine is made in the USA, good product, strong running, high quality. Could easily compete with any engine on the market. But, probably won't ever happen. Todd had a 60 twin in the works. Haven't heard anything about that for a long time.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
OK guys - I pulled the thrust washer off and the woodruff key was in place and undamaged. So if a change in timing didn't cause it and the hall sensor didn't move, what else could it have been?
Also, I made 3 flights after it backfired so hard.

Jlc

70cc twin V2
Yeah, I know :).

I don't think I was. I usually give it a pretty decent flip. I'm starting to think that I caused it by not running the engine dry after the last flight. I turned on the choke and may have loaded up the carb. I'll check the hall sensor.
I've never run a gas engine dry on purpose. I don't think that is the issue.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
I really don't think so either. I'm kind of grasping at straws since the woodruff key wasn't the issue. Has to be something electronic; either the hall sensor or the ignition itself. We'll figure it out.