• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Futaba Sbus ?

Jlc

70cc twin V2
I've been running 2 - R7008's for two years now in 4-5 planes from 60cc to 120cc and not had a single problem. I use 2-3 J Plug battery leads into each receiver through a pigtail I've made coming from a HD Deans plug that's coming from a Wolverine switch.

View attachment 10846 View attachment 10847 View attachment 10848
Nice setup. The only difference with mine is each rx/batt has its own switch so it's like two completely independent systems. I can see pros & cons with both ways. I love the wolverine switch also.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
This has been a very good read for getting ready to build my first gs plane. Thanks!! I will be leaning towards a smart fly system.

This looks like a cool solution and actually makes SBus really useful in a giant scale plane. http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/proddetail.php?prod=XPS-X10+

It will except SBus and Sbus2 signals and output a normal signal to drive any servo. It also has nice solder points to directly power the bus. It weighs 7g and costs $30...

A person could mount a $95 R7003SB up under the turtle deck away from RF noise caused by all the wires and run a single SBus lead from the receiver to the X10. It would make for a light/clean/inexpensive install.