• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Fuel proof sealant

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Good tips guys. @Terryscustom, what type of tanks have you fallen back to - Dubro style or something else?

While we are on the subject, does anyone put a brass tube inside the clunk line on larger tanks (32oz +) to stop the line doubling back on itself?
I use the brass tube, in my tanks, even smaller than 32oz. I've also seen the straw method work. I've been using soda bottle tanks, but have switched over to these tanks recently http://extremeflightrc.com/FlowMaster-17-oz-Gas-Tank_p_1997.html

Good tips guys. @Terryscustom, what type of tanks have you fallen back to - Dubro style or something else?

While we are on the subject, does anyone put a brass tube inside the clunk line on larger tanks (32oz +) to stop the line doubling back on itself?

Right here.... We brought these in originally. Then everyone else wanted them for themselves. http://www.taildraggerrc.com/rtf-fuel-tanks/

Chad found the source, and then others copied the tank. But, Herve went to Chad, like a true businessman, and wanted to buy tanks to be installed in all of his aircraft. There was a cost difference between what Herve could do by himself over what Chad could do. :)

The tanks you see for sale on FG and other forums.... They are "B" grade or class tanks. Chad will sell you an A grade tank. Plus, you have his customer service to back the tanks up too. The tanks that we, EF and PAU are selling, are all the same, just a different cap.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
What bunky said. Get one of those and use the fortitude one for a circular file filler. I normally don't bad mouth a company but when they get fuel in four of my planes, three in one season......drop that like a bad habit for sure.

Thanks @Terryscustom, I've had some concerns about Fortitude tanks, a 16oz I had unscrewed with the lightest of touches when I took it out of the plane. It's why I wanted to rebuild the 32Oz one really for peace of mind. If I lived in US I'd order the Taildragger one right now, but it costs a lot for me to ship that kind of thing to the UK.

I wonder if taping the cap on the Fortitude tank would be sensible. Has anyone tried this, maybe PTFE tape would be ideal, or something else?

Skyluc

50cc
@Skyluc, which exact Hylomar product do you use as the company makes many under the brand?
I use Hylomar M,it has been working fine for me for years now,it never dries and is fuelproof
hylomarM.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I did not have any Seal All handy for a recent Taildragger rc tank installation but did have some Sigment. It is fuel proof, I used just a little at the end of threads. Probably made it a permanent cap but how often do you need to remove it?