• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

flight log app for giant scale/gas

-Rick-

100cc
Brian got the right idea, I'd be willing to pay for the a way to track that info as well. Right now all I have is chart stapled to wall in the shop for that kind of info.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I've been using the Tc3hdad app since September when I started flying helis. I wanted to track my progress learning. I soon started using it for my planes to keep track of how much fuel I've run through a new engine for break in.

It's a good basic app, but if there was one like your list, that would be awesome.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
The tc3hdad flightlog is a pretty good app but needs some additions to make it more suitable for the larger scale gas powered models. I think your list above is a good starting point.
Have you by chance emailed your thoughts on enhancements to Bob Templeton?
not yet, was hoping someone would take on the challenge of building a new one, gonna send this idea to my son, he has skills with this kinda stuff but these ideas seem pretty complicated.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
It needs to have in app purchases, start with basic needs and pay as you want for the rest of the do dads,
Basic needs...
1: ????
Fill in the blanks guys. What should be in the starting package of the best and first giant scale flight app? What should the add ons be?

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
I use a flight log for the jet, that i made on Numbers, and I have a general comments section as on a full scale log book. It is a requirement from the AMA for any Turbine powered aircraft.

Pretty simple to do.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I used to do a lot of computer programming, never did much that required graphical interfaces but looking at the apple side of it it shouldn't be too hard for somebody to make something that is capable of at least tracking the normal stats like number of flights, flight times, gallons, comments etc. My problem is I haven't done any of this type of stuff in about 10 years and I'm afraid it would take me way too long to get up and running but some college punk getting their degree in computer science oughta be able to stamp something out like this over a few days for a case or two of beer. It would also be cool to have a way to track the time on a single engine as well, say if you have had an engine that has been swapped through several airframes and have that info carry along with the engine.

WMcNabb

150cc
I just bought and set this up.......like it a LOT. Crazy easy and fast. I tried doing a book once but that sucked and quickly went the wayside.

Perhaps we should extend an invitation to Mr. Templeton to join us here.

Also seems that tracking details on engines, transmitters, and servos, would be easy to add - similar to the batteries in his demo.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I just bought and set this up.......like it a LOT. Crazy easy and fast. I tried doing a book once but that sucked and quickly went the wayside.
One thing to do is track your motor as fuel, just like batteries . I spoke with the programmer and suggested them adding engines in the next release and he likes the idea. You may want to contact him as well. The programs however is great and very fast to use. It is also cool to have maintenance reminders as well. Glad you like it.