• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

flight log app for giant scale/gas

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Anyone know of a good app for giant scale , seems that most I've downloaded are geared towards ep flight and battery maintenance, thanks in advance guys.

SleepyC

150cc
There is one that helps you set up your entire IMAC plane using the "Pete Goldsmith" deal... let me see...

IMAC FANATIC

Thanks Sleepy, I have the IMAC apps, and they work perfectly, love em, trying to find an app that lets you record flight time, cg changes, oil ratios, maintenance and gallons burned kinda thing.
Always forget to log in a book but always have my phone with me.

SleepyC

150cc
We could probably make some kind of a spreadsheet that would work with one of the mobile spreadsheet apps?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMAC FANATIC

Thats what I was thinking, if I had the skills to build an app I would definatly make one for giant scale/ gas.
2.99 a pop could go a long way.
May be worth making one ? GSN flight log app for gss engines.
Unless someone knows where to find one for fueled engines its a viable market.

WMcNabb

150cc
Thats what I was thinking, if I had the skills to build an app I would definatly make one for giant scale/ gas.
2.99 a pop could go a long way.
May be worth making one ? GSN flight log app for gss engines.
Unless someone knows where to find one for fueled engines its a viable market.

Sounds like you may be onto something!

IMAC FANATIC

You have those skills sleepy? If not ill bet one of our friends here does !
Take a poll, what it should have, not have etc.
1: Defiantly needs a channel mapping area to remember what goes where.
2: cg calculator.
3: built in rpm app .
4: db checker
5: drop pin so buddies can find you or field when traveling ?
6: ability to put pic of your plane on log.
7: ability to direct link to saved sites ie. Tuning a DA 35cc-200cc
8: one of the other apps has a servo checker that uses headphone port to test load and failure.
9: pre set maint log, check fuel lines after x number flights, check linkages, ckeck etc,
10: plus the battery maint but not solely ep
Sound bout right so far? Id pay decent money yearly for the right app. Thinking alot of this could be modified from existing apps.but I have zero skills in this dept.

Last edited:

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
The tc3hdad flightlog is a pretty good app but needs some additions to make it more suitable for the larger scale gas powered models. I think your list above is a good starting point.

Have you by chance emailed your thoughts on enhancements to Bob Templeton?