• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

First 100cc and IMAC dedicated plane

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Jack, if you go the 35% route, for IMAC, the DA100 wont have enough juice, the DA120 or 3W110 or DLE111 or my personal favourite the GP123 (with great power comes great responsibility).

All on cans and your good to go with the best power to weight in this class period. If you went with the DLE option you are best to jump straight to tuned pipes.

All options will get you started in the BASIC class, but as things progress you need more upline drive, hence my recommendation to heed as much advice before you dig into your wallet and choose wisely.

If I did it again I'd go straight to 3 blade props for IMAC specific airframes, as keeping to noise down on two blades becomes a challenge in itself.
My 3m plane on GP176EVO and Proflow pipes is set up for 3 blade prop for IMAC.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Jack, if you go the 35% route, for IMAC, the DA100 wont have enough juice, the DA120 or 3W110 or DLE111 or my personal favourite the GP123 (with great power comes great responsibility).

All on cans and your good to go with the best power to weight in this class period. If you went with the DLE option you are best to jump straight to tuned pipes.

All options will get you started in the BASIC class, but as things progress you need more upline drive, hence my recommendation to heed as much advice before you dig into your wallet and choose wisely.

If I did it again I'd go straight to 3 blade props for IMAC specific airframes, as keeping to noise down on two blades becomes a challenge in itself.
My 3m plane on GP176EVO and Proflow pipes is set up for 3 blade prop for IMAC.

Taking it all on board mate, I'm gonna be putting my tax back this year into the fund as well as the Tucano sale (if she sells) and then a little bit each month from pay, I'll hold off buying anything till i'm 100% sure, made that mistake way too often.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
So research and progress is coming along nicely for my first IMAC dedicated craft, I have a few options on the books now that were not originally planned;

one is a 2nd hand 3W Yak with a MVVS 170 competition motor in the front, unsure on servos that are in her but will check, need to see the plane before making a decision but its an option that is climbing on the list, biggest factors to check for me are condition, and will it fit in my vehicle.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Bigger flies better. Just my opinion, but no other factor has as much influence.
I've been told the same. I will get some pics up of the plane after the weekend and see what you guys think. It has had repairs from a dead stick into a fence but from what I can tell its high quality repair work.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
so I saw the 3W Yak this weekend, below is what is included in the sale:

Frame:
3W Yak 3m, condition is good to fair, it has had one crash, repairs to wing and elevator are very well done, high quality repair work, fuse is all good, no damage and in good nick, tail control surface needs to be recovered, Motor Box has started to split on the lower right corner so this needs to be removed and reworked with carbon and epoxy, overall not a crazy amount of work to get the frame in "top" condition
Motor:
3W 170 competition twin spark, very low use, I'd say under 30 flights, no damage what so ever and in good nick, Cans and prop included, 2 blade but will get me in the air for test runs before moving to a 3blade
Servos:
Futaba BLS-152's all round (12) 3 per Ail, 2 per Elev, 2 on Rud
Hardware:
All SWB arms some sea craft gear
Power:
Smartfly EQ6 Turbo i believe, didn't get a good look at it, might be a 10 Turbo, has the fan and is one unit, also comes with a complete spare unit

I'm tempted to nab this up even just for the gear in the frame, officially its not for sale but the guy wants to help me get into IMAC so I'm getting it for what he paid for it which is about 1/3rd replacement value

Any thoughts? I'm about 90% sure its the right model to go for considering what is in it, worse case if i end up hating the frame I could use all this gear in another frame.