• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

First 100cc and IMAC dedicated plane

Since you have a horizon option the H9 300 is a perfect IMAC plane. It tracks on rails, handles wind extremely well, snaps stop on a dime, it just does IMAC exceptionally well. It will 3D great but there are better pure 3D planes out there. Out of the few 35%ers I've flown and owned the H9 is the best IMAC plane in that size I've flown. But it still requires you to burn fuel.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Since you have a horizon option the H9 300 is a perfect IMAC plane. It tracks on rails, handles wind extremely well, snaps stop on a dime, it just does IMAC exceptionally well. It will 3D great but there are better pure 3D planes out there. Out of the few 35%ers I've flown and owned the H9 is the best IMAC plane in that size I've flown. But it still requires you to burn fuel.

Yep any frame i choose no matter what it is will need some stick time.

Looks like i have a few good choices to go with. Will start saving and let you know where i end up.

wolfpack

New to GSN!
I have both a Pilot Extra 330SC and a H9 Extra 300. The H9 is a million times better than the Pilot. I have won every IMAC contest I have entered this year with the H9 (Basic). The problem with the pilot is that you have to mount your own firewall which leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion and the thing is made out of the thinest plywood you have ever seen. My Pilot is always coming apart at the seems and requires alot of glue to keep it going. My H9 is built like a tank and flies like it's on rails.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Jack,
my take on this is stick to wood planes in the 100cc size.

All the composites I have seen in this size have all needed significant amounts of lead in the nose to offset the tail weight inherent in these composite planes.

Hold off doing anything until you have a few comps under your belt. In all honesty, its not a big stretch financially between a well set up 120cc plane on cans compared to a secondhand 3m CARF extra 260.

If you can fit an EF 104" extra in your car you would fit the CARF 3m Extra260. The 260 is only a fraction longer then the 104" which is almost as long as it is wide.

We can chat more about options when you come up for a practice day later this month.

Be prepared though, anything about 60cc and you will need cans or tuned pipes to keep the sound down. Its just how things roll over here on our island.

Roger.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Id opt for the krill, flew a 37% Sukhoi and it had that magic in it, the Veloc would be my choice, but just because I enjoy having things that no one else really flies. Never saw one in person, never have flown one... just love the lines of the airframe and cannot go wrong with Krill.

IMAC FANATIC

For what I do have familiarity with, the EF 104" Extra was the best built and rtg ARF ive ever known, the build was super simple and their detail Is above all mfg's ive yet seen. Everything is pre fit, incidence report DONE and hand signed inspection sheet follows the plane, theee were zero problems with any fittment , alignment, assembly, covering. Truly remarkable. It could and does do IMAC with ease and with a single flip of the switch to full rates does anything you want it to for 3d, switch it back and you have locked in IMAC machine on same flight.

IMAC FANATIC

Didnt notice the kit built option you listed, go with a kit is my vote, nothing has made me happier than rolling mine out to the flight line knowing every single millimeter of it has been Done and done properly. Suggest JTEC 2.7 extra competition series , but im quite biased, easy build and purpose built for IMAC. Shipping might be rough on the wallet, unfortunately.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Yer I was looking at that but I have decided not to do a kit, I do not currently have the space or time to make a kit, maybe in 10 years when I moved to a bigger place :)

IMAC FANATIC

Yer I was looking at that but I have decided not to do a kit, I do not currently have the space or time to make a kit, maybe in 10 years when I moved to a bigger place :)
Understood, a build of any size takes up 3X the space you think you need. And its one hell of a commitment to complete.

If you go with the EF 104" I suggest the DA 120L. Somehow much smoother than the 100.