• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Field Trip to see SupaTim!!

Bipenut53

150cc
Howdy all!! Well I made a trip to see SupaTim and Northwest RC. I figured you may like to see what I found. So I pulled up and this is what I saw....

DSCN3080.JPG

I started to wonder if I was in the right place..... I called SupaTim and he said "Oh yeah, come on in!"

I walked in and this is what I saw.... Nothing short of awesomeness!!!

DSCN3081.JPGDSCN3082.JPGDSCN3083.JPGDSCN3084.JPGDSCN3085.JPGDSCN3086.JPGDSCN3087.JPGDSCN3088.JPG

Tim has it set up nice!! And he was working on the airplane I wanted! The Turbo Bushmaster! His demonstrator models above, all kinds of planes, parts and accessories! I really enjoyed my time there and hope to see him again soon.

Oh yeah... That ugly guy with the Turbo Bushmaster is me, and yes that airplane came home with me. I will be doing an official 3DRCForums build and review on this airplane so click on the link.
Here is a short video I did, unfortunately my battery ran out before he did, but he was about done and it gives a good look inside

[video=youtube;ybawH79JRLU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybawH79JRLU[/video]

NorthWestRC.com

Last edited by a moderator:

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
That is awesome [MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION] and [MENTION=335]SupaTim[/MENTION].

To be able to hang out in a place like that and build planes would be a blast.
I love those PVC plane stands! How about a quick rundown on how those are made? I can see them as a perfect way to put planes in the garage so they take up less space.

Bipenut53

150cc
Those display stands are pretty cool. I didn't take a close look so [MENTION=335]SupaTim[/MENTION] will have to expand on those... It was a very cool trip!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Pretty dang awesome Biper. It's funny... That place looks exactly like mine...LMAO!!! I wish. Good job guy's.

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Those display stands are pretty cool. I didn't take a close look so @SupaTim will have to expand on those... It was a very cool trip!

I saw 2 different designs. One looks good for lighter aircraft and the other for heavier planes. I ran to Lowe's and picked up some PVC. I will make one of each and post it somewhere on the forum.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yeah man your good to go bro. :) If I had to buy it...that's what I would of went with, but I had a bunch of 80 left over from a job. Now get yourself some pipe insulation for padding and your done. Well I guess you could get some caps for the ends.
Last thing is if your going to build a stand out this stuff I would fill the bottom pipes with sand that really helps keep it steady.