• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale F7F Tigercat 1/4 scale

jbeech

30cc
I misread the email from the site as one regarding a Tigercat for sale and thus, I am bitterly disappointed! Regardless, let me fix some popcorn and follow along (the sole reason I am commenting since I believe this means the system will keep me in the loop as the OP and others respond/contribute). Gonna be a big model; planning on plug-in wing panels outboard of the engines, or for folding mechanism? What are your transport plans? And what engines have you got in mind?

I misread the email from the site as one regarding a Tigercat for sale and thus, I am bitterly disappointed! Regardless, let me fix some popcorn and follow along (the sole reason I am commenting since I believe this means the system will keep me in the loop as the OP and others respond/contribute). Gonna be a big model; planning on plug-in wing panels outboard of the engines, or for folding mechanism? What are your transport plans? And what engines have you got in mind?

Thanks for the questions, so far the wings will be one piece to either side of the nacelles , there I will make it plug in with the folding mechanism a bit further, this way it will barely fit on its wheels in my trailer which is an 18 foot, but only 6 feet wide, easier on gas this way less drag . engines will be two radials of twin row 9 for a total of 18 cylinders about 987 cc each engines,
retracts, flaps, brakes , wing folding and arrester hook will be via Hydraulic with internal pump, , wheels will be magnesium, tires will be fabricated for scale use, more to come

Nice. Never used solid works. Only learning inventor now as I get a free copy of it through work since we use it for all our design work.
I have never used Inventor but I hear its a good cad program, the bottom line is to carry on with ever your comfortable with , for me of course after so many years with solidworks , I have no reason to change.

BalsaDust

I have never used Inventor but I hear its a good cad program, the bottom line is to carry on with ever your comfortable with , for me of course after so many years with solidworks , I have no reason to change.

Totally agreed. I will probably also learn to use Fusion 360 as well since its a free software and I can use it at home. Problem with inventor through work is we have a limited number of license for it so we all share a database. That being said it will not work when I'm at home unless I remote in to our sever to be able to check out a license.

and more wood cutting and more to be cut, now I understand why so many people buy ARF's o_O

Attachments

• DSC_0855.JPG
    DSC_0855.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 376
  • DSC_0857.JPG
    DSC_0857.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 399
  • DSC_0858.JPG
    DSC_0858.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 379
finished designing the main wheel, which will be in two parts, the front part as you see here, but the back side half, will have to wait until the brake system comes in , in a few days to assess, how I will proceed with the rear half, it has to fit and its Hydraulic from the same pump as the retracts, flaps, tail hook.

Attachments

• main wheel assembly.JPG
    main wheel assembly.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 429