• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale F7F Tigercat 1/4 scale

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
33256687232_ba3e3fcfb5_c.jpg

Having some time in the shop before flying season arrives , which will be testing both the Laser and the Dalotel and also finishing the design and fabrication of a single stick for a friend

designed and printed the nose wheel of the Tigercat, this is only a proof of concept, once please , it will be CNC in Titanium which is lighter then aluminum

Attachments

• front wheel.JPG
    front wheel.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 534
  • Grumman_F7F-3_Tigercat_NX207F_USAF_Palm_Springs_Walkaround_06_GrubbyFingers.jpg
    Grumman_F7F-3_Tigercat_NX207F_USAF_Palm_Springs_Walkaround_06_GrubbyFingers.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 381

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Titanium is very difficult to get. I was trying to get some titanium rods to make some threaded rod to mount a motor and was not able to find any. Where were you able to buy it.
How big is the wheel you are holding.

designing the wheels, or should I say revising the drawings, to get a 6 inch outside dia of the whole wheel, the rim was enlarged and to keep the tire at the proper outside dia, I reduced the interior dia to give a more scale tire profile.
The different colors, is simply to help with the drawings, the red part is the wheel bearing retainer
1.jpg
2.jpg
89341054_10158439604712139_3743527202096939008_o.jpg