• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight RC 91" Yak 54 build

dribar

70cc twin V2
Trying to get to sleep last night, I was watching Chris H.'s build videos on one of his 100cc planes. He installed the receiver with Velcro tape on the bottom....

http://youtu.be/s7u33a37Ds0?t=1m37s

I must be over engineering this because my typical drill is to epoxy in a tray, install the receiver with double-sided tape, then tie wrap it in. Needless to say, his approach is way simpler, lighter and faster. What do you guys think? Do you trust the velcro tape with high g's?

Merry Christmas too!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Trying to get to sleep last night, I was watching Chris H.'s build videos on one of his 100cc planes. He installed the receiver with Velcro tape on the bottom....

I must be over engineering this because my typical drill is to epoxy in a tray, install the receiver with double-sided tape, then tie wrap it in. Needless to say, his approach is way simpler, lighter and faster. What do you guys think? Do you trust the velcro tape with high g's?

Merry Christmas too!

I used Velcro tape and occasionally a zip tie also.

dribar

70cc twin V2
I got this note from Chris:

Either way will work. My fear has always been that with gassers where there is more vibration that I don't want the RX tied directly to the airframe with a zip tie. If you use good quality sticky Velcro the RX will never come free. I use the blue sticky Velcro that comes in a huge roll.

Merry Christmas too!

Merry Christmas to you too!

I mounted my Rx with both Velcro, and a zip tie. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• battery tray 2.jpg
    battery tray 2.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 286

dribar

70cc twin V2
Airflow questions for you guys....

After making my draft cuts in the cowl, there are a few things I have to figure out:

- there doesn't seem to be enough air for the carb. Should I cut a small hole between the mufflers and under the carb to feed it fresh air; or cut a small hole in the fake louvers up front; or neither?

- there doesn't seem to be anywhere for the outbound air to flow. My thought is to cut out one of the last sections of the tunnel to let air flow out that way, but what do you think?

- do I have enough airflow over the cylinders?

BTW - I haven't cleaned up my cuts yet so they look a bit rough. Let me know what you think.

Dan

IMG_7786.jpgIMG_7787.jpgIMG_7788.jpgIMG_7789.jpgIMG_7790.jpg

dribar

70cc twin V2
Reading about the demon cortex this morning. Gyro - you still believe? Might just get one for the yak....