• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

gyro

GSN Contributor
Righto guys agreed everyone needs one now we just need them in Australia my flight mode finger be itchin for a mxs

Just use the time that you're waiting to source your innards! You'll have plenty of time to accquire all the extras needed to complete the build :)

Feral

Servo's I have and the motor and esc come with the airframe as a package but I was thinking I might slap a kde heli motor in it 10,000 watt peaks anyone

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Servo's I have and the motor and esc come with the airframe as a package but I was thinking I might slap a kde heli motor in it 10,000 watt peaks anyone

Have fun with that. I'd love to see what ESC you'd use. You looking to use 14S 2200? You'd have about 42 seconds of battery! :D

Feral

Probably 12s 3000 with a castle creations 120hv and kde direct 700xf motor not to sure if the airframe would handle it. It's just an idea I had

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Righto guys agreed everyone needs one now we just need them in Australia my flight mode finger be itchin for a mxs

Get some good servos mate.
These 60" EXP planes really like a good servo. The HS5245 from Hitec are borderline on the ailerons but great every where else.

I have HS7245 set to 8V in my edge and extra now and they are great. Still got a bit of blow back on aileron if I tried for anything over 40deg throw on them puppies but if I keep the mechanical limit to sub 40deg by going in on the servo arm all is sweet.

The HV servos are amazingly fast and accurate but the 5245's are pretty good as well, just don't centre as well or as fast.