• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight EXP Servo Thread (60" EXP's): Poll!!!

Which one do you like best?

• Hitec HS225MG's

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Hitec HS5245MG's

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Hitec 7245MG's

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • BK mini cyclic servo

• RJX FS-0391/0390HV's

• JR 3711HV's

• Airtronics 94761's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Futaba S9170SB SbuS2

• Savox 1250HV

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Futaba 9650

• Total voters

Feral

I do understand what you mean about the micro servos but they should not be compared to the bks

I do understand what you mean about the micro servos but they should not be compared to the bks

Yes, they should not, but it is the same issue. They are both cyclic servos...Don't wanna start anything but just making a point (of course my opinion) that heli servos are primarily for helis, and airplane servos are primarily for airplanes.
"I recently read a post from someone here (maybe it was Jeff Williams?) in which he stated that we should be careful using Heli Servos in Planes. He stated that Heli servos are designed to move very fast, but not necessarily hold a lot of torque for a long time like we do in planes."
--YellowJacketsRC

"I am running the crazy RJX FS0391 servos (designed for the Goblin 500) but Hitec 7245 are a better choice for most people as they are lighter, cheaper, mount with no mods, and don't require a big BEC like the RJX servos do."
Cody Wojcik

I should not be talking right now because I have the RJX-FS-0390HV's which are a little slower but much better torque. I honestly can see both sides of the issue. Your point makes sense, but then again, cyclics you should be careful with.

But the BK servos are really AWESOME!!!! :peace::bull:

Last edited by a moderator:
7245MG? poll typo should be HS-7245MH; M=Metal gears, H=High voltage.

The HS-7245MH is a personal favorite for the 60" class airframes, and I'm running a pair of them for the elevators on my EF 70" Extra 300.

Dave306

New to GSN!
I just bought my first Extreme Flight airframe - a 60" Extra EXP in blue - over here in Singapore. I also bought the Torque 4016-500 v2 motor, Airboss 80 speed controller, Hitec 7245's, HPP-21 servo programmer, a Castle Creations 10amp BEC with Castle Link to set the voltage. I can't wait to start the assembly process next week...

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just bought my first Extreme Flight airframe - a 60" Extra EXP in blue - over here in Singapore. I also bought the Torque 4016-500 v2 motor, Airboss 80 speed controller, Hitec 7245's, HPP-21 servo programmer, a Castle Creations 10amp BEC with Castle Link to set the voltage. I can't wait to start the assembly process next week...

Sounds like you're all set!

SnowDog

Which airplanes have you owned before this one?