• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight EXP Servo Thread (60" EXP's): Poll!!!

Which one do you like best?

• Hitec HS225MG's

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Hitec HS5245MG's

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Hitec 7245MG's

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • BK mini cyclic servo

• RJX FS-0391/0390HV's

• JR 3711HV's

• Airtronics 94761's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Futaba S9170SB SbuS2

• Savox 1250HV

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Futaba 9650

• Total voters

Dave306

New to GSN!
60" Extra EXP

Which airplanes have you owned before this one?

Snowdog,

I moved to from Chicago (Naperville) to Singapore last year and had to find a hobby...Singapore is a very small country. I bought the RealFlight simulator, a small micro, then a Flyzone Switch which I started on high wing then low wing, and now my regular flyer is the Multiplex Acromaster. I wanted to get into the balsa world after flying with some of my local friends. I went back and forth between Extreme Flight, 3DHS and Precision Aerobatics. Then I debated between 42", 48"/51" and 59"/60". Ultimately, the local hobby shop got a new shipment of EF, so I went with the 60" Extra. I went through several cycles of "for only $100 more, I could upgrade to...".

I'm definitely not a great pilot, but comfortable with inverted flight and working on dialing in my knife edges, rolling circles and blenders, etc. as long as I keep it up off the deck a mistake or two high. I think the Acromaster will become the plane I bring down low and I'll keep the EF up higher for a while.

Gyro,
Thanks for hosting a great site. I heard you on one of my downloaded podcasts and had to check it out. Great info for 3D flyers!

I am running the BKs in my laser, but for my next 60" plane I would do 7245s. Save the 2 ounces of weight and at least $100. I tried the Spektrum 5060s which were a jitter disaster.

jk6672

30cc
I have two sets of 7245's. One set at 7.4v and the other at 8v on a Talon. I just ordered another Talon and a set of 1250's to try on the next build.