• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 88" Edge -- now with EXP sized horizontal stabs

RKEstes

50cc
The maiden is in the books! I am going to love this plane I can tell already. Winds were 10-15 and gusty with a dead crosswind. I was a little hesitant but the plane handled it very well. Mine turned out a little tail heavy with the batteries (2x 2s Glacier 2200s) mounted on the front of the rudder servo bulkhead. No problems at all with the plane being nose heavy with the DA-70 hanging on the front. She's a beast!

Last edited by a moderator:

RKEstes

50cc
Sorry Mike not yet. It was so windy yesterday that there was only one other person at the field and he was busy tinkering with a badly running glow engine. Several people pulled up then left because of the wind. I got several flights in on the big Carbon Z Cub, my 78 Extra, and the Edge. Gotta love it when you have the field all to yourself.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Glad you like it.

Love the DA70 on this plane, I flew it in the Aus IMAC champs this weekend and took out the basic 1st place.

Biggest challenge is keeping it on low rates..... that DA70 just wants to scream (in a good way).

Found out that the IMAc guys don't appreciate when you over cook a hurried landing and rather then go around I pulled a wall - to - harrier landing on high rates. Got a severe smack around for that little stunt!! oopppppsssss.

Especially love how sweet the edge slows down to a crawl on landing with harrier effort and can be put down almost anywhere.

Mine is slight nose heavy with same set up as yours RK except my packs are 2s3000 hobbyking Nano packs on the rudder tray as well.

Must be a difference in the tail servos we are using or something. I'm running 750mL bottle for gas as well.

Cheers.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry Mike not yet. It was so windy yesterday that there was only one other person at the field and he was busy tinkering with a badly running glow engine. Several people pulled up then left because of the wind. I got several flights in on the big Carbon Z Cub, my 78 Extra, and the Edge. Gotta love it when you have the field all to yourself.
[MENTION=2169]RKEstes[/MENTION] Yup i love it to when I have a clear sky and no one to bother me! Let me know when you get a vid! Use the new @and my user name 3DMIKE and it will let me know I have been mentioned on a post!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Glad you like it.

Love the DA70 on this plane, I flew it in the Aus IMAC champs this weekend and took out the basic 1st place.

Biggest challenge is keeping it on low rates..... that DA70 just wants to scream (in a good way).

Found out that the IMAc guys don't appreciate when you over cook a hurried landing and rather then go around I pulled a wall - to - harrier landing on high rates. Got a severe smack around for that little stunt!! oopppppsssss.

Especially love how sweet the edge slows down to a crawl on landing with harrier effort and can be put down almost anywhere.

Mine is slight nose heavy with same set up as yours RK except my packs are 2s3000 hobbyking Nano packs on the rudder tray as well.

Must be a difference in the tail servos we are using or something. I'm running 750mL bottle for gas as well.

Cheers.

Congrats on your win Rog!