• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 88" Edge -- now with EXP sized horizontal stabs

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Gary,
what size swb arms did you end up using on the elevator on the Edge EXP?

I have the swb 2" but wondering if I need all that throw, or maybe come in one hole which is about 1.75" I think.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gary,
what size swb arms did you end up using on the elevator on the Edge EXP?

I have the swb 2" but wondering if I need all that throw, or maybe come in one hole which is about 1.75" I think.

I used the 1.5" that I had, but just ordered some. 2.0" to install.

-G

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
DA70 on the edge

haven't flown it guys, but a few pics and a video of the first start once its cooked from Vimeo.

[video=vimeo;77379158]https://vimeo.com/77379158[/video]

Attachments

• IMG_0644.jpg
    IMG_0644.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0647.jpg
    IMG_0647.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0648.jpg
    IMG_0648.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 302
Last edited by a moderator:

RKEstes

50cc
Awesome Bigroger! I am starting on the same combo. The plane is on the build table and my engine arrived today. I was surprised to see that it did not come with any standoffs but that is completely understandable. I was wondering if you would mind telling me what length your standoffs are? Thank you!

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Awesome Bigroger! I am starting on the same combo. The plane is on the build table and my engine arrived today. I was surprised to see that it did not come with any standoffs but that is completely understandable. I was wondering if you would mind telling me what length your standoffs are? Thank you!

No problem Bro.

I went with secraft 20mm standoffs and it's sweet.

I did run into a drama today on maiden.

Was getting 6650 rpm peak in the backyard when I shot that video, with the cowl off.

Today at the field I could only get 6100rpm and she sounded sick.

Took the cowl off and back up to 6700rpm.

After 5 flights today I'm now getting 6970rpm and it's ripping the 24-10th nicely.

Not sure why I'm getting this effect with the cowl, but I bet it's to do with air to the carny.

I'm going to open a carb hole in the cowl to see how that goes .

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sounds to me like the cowl might have some pressurization issues? Do you have a good air exit and such?

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Sounds to me like the cowl might have some pressurization issues? Do you have a good air exit and such?

I think so.

See pics.

But no hole for the carby.

Attachments

• IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0652.jpg
    IMG_0652.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_0653.jpg
    IMG_0653.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 269

gyro

GSN Contributor
I think so.

See pics.

But no hole for the carby.

Hey Rog!
On cowls with really large openings like that, I've seen people put a little lip on the forward edge of the opening, as this helps create something of a vacuum effect to pull air entering through the front of the cowl out of the bottom/back