• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

ryan_m

100cc
I'll have to verify the length tonight. Sounds like the 4" ones may need some trimming from what Enterprise posted.
70mm is the ideal length if the servos are in the rear position, so presumably whatever the difference in the output shaft location is when turned forward vs. backward is the amount to add to the 70mm length. I think that is only about 10-15mm or so. 80mm would be 3.15 inches, so probably a 3.25" or 3.5" would work well also.
To get the right length for sure though, try mounting a servo one way and marking the location of the output shaft, then flipping it around, and marking. Then measure the distance between the two marks. 70mm is a great length for the rear position, 75mm would work too.
Edit: I found a website with the dimensions for an HS-7955 on it:
http://www.goldenskiesrc.com/HS-7955TG.html
and it looks like the difference would be .81 inches, or about 20mm. So if I was going to order a new turnbuckle a 90-95mm one would be perfect. Or about 3.5 inches.

I ordered up some 90mm turnbuckles :) Definitely a safer option, and for the 12 bucks it cost to make a second order, why not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting there..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406868404.907400.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406868441.724767.jpg

Patrick maidened his yesterday and flew it more today. He is all smiles. He is ripping the bejesus out of a falcon 19x8 on his pipe setup. Gave him your old 20x7 which seems like a good combo from the other piped 35RAs we have around here.

He ended up having to set the elevator arms a little off center to stop the cam over issue and to get full up deflection. 2" arms in the forward position seems to have been the formula.

It has laser like pitch authority, but he says it gives up some in roll authority to the 78. Now he is running the SFGs and tips and comparing it to 78s without.

Mine is not even started due to family commitments and the fact I had to do lots of work on my bigger stuff this week. Changed servo gears, recovered fuse parts and Installed a set of ES pipes that I had to custom make mounts and drive all over town to get tools I needed to do it properly.

Flys awesome. P160 pulled it along very well even with the 20x8. (20x10 on order). This is myfirst EF plane and largest modern airframe to date so don't really have a point of comparison to others in its class.

AKfreak

150cc
Anyone here run one of these with a DA50? I have searched all over for a new 3d airframe that a DA50 will be the perfect size for. Guess what, it seems that DA50 is either much too big, or too small. 88" -94" planes say 50cc, but everyone says 60cc to 70cc. The 74" to 78" call for a 35cc, but most say use the 40cc.

I am contemplating buying this airframe for my DA50 knowing it would be a pound+ overweight. Your thoughts on this, and the perfect 3D monster for a DA50

ryan_m

100cc
Yes, jwilliamsrc on rcgroups has done this. He is an ExtremeFlight team pilot.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2211767
You can see details there, he used a DA-50 and a pipe as well. He said it flies quite well like that. I almost did it with mine, but went with a da-35 at the last minute. I have a 50 I bought just for that too... it was used, and I can always re-sell it and not lose anything on it so no biggie.