• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

hone

150cc
That 90° linkage setup for the choke is awesome. Mine is set up that you reach through the cowl hole, so I just might change it from the start. Joe let me know here you get the bell crank and the stand off to make the linkages. Thanks
I'll post pics as soon as I get it set up. Hopefully I can make it work without interfering with my throttle linkage

ryan_m

100cc
You can. I did mine that way. Posted a pic of it somewhere, either on here or on the rcg thread. Was quite easy to do, and very clean.
edit, just checked the rcg thread, and it wasn't there. This site doesn't have a quick and easy "show all attachments" option, and I'm not feeling like looking back through all 11 pages of it right now to find it...

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
You can. I did mine that way. Posted a pic of it somewhere, either on here or on the rcg thread. Was quite easy to do, and very clean.
edit, just checked the rcg thread, and it wasn't there. This site doesn't have a quick and easy "show all attachments" option, and I'm not feeling like looking back through all 11 pages of it right now to find it...
No worries I'll find the pics :)

I'll probably work on it in the morning and take the plane out for a spin in the afternoon.

I'm waiting for you to pick up one of those 3dhs 75" Extras so I can hear your thoughts on how they compare. I've stayed away from 3dhs for a while but that plane might make me give them another shot.

AKfreak

150cc
I'll post pics as soon as I get it set up. Hopefully I can make it work without interfering with my throttle linkage

Mark everything with some white paint if you have to take the throttle linage down. This way it will go back easy. I just finished my Throttle linage and it took a while to get it right, so I know what you mean. Look forward to the pics and parts list. AKf

ryan_m

100cc
No worries I'll find the pics :)

I'll probably work on it in the morning and take the plane out for a spin in the afternoon.

I'm waiting for you to pick up one of those 3dhs 75" Extras so I can hear your thoughts on how they compare. I've stayed away from 3dhs for a while but that plane might make me give them another shot.

That's currently my plan... but it sure has been hard to resist pulling the trigger on the EF 74" Laser too. My MXS is repairable with a new motorbox. I talked to Curtis and he asked Chris, and the plan is to stock motorboxes for the 76" MXS someday. I need a wing tube, new landing gear, new right wing, and a motorbox and I'm back in business on the MXS. So I keep waiting and hoping to see those parts become available. In the meantime that 3dhs 75" Extra has my eye for sure. I LOVED the 87" Extra SHP I had a while back and if this 75" Extra is anything like it, well it may just be my perfect plane.

hone

150cc
Got my bell crank done. I used the linkage that's provided for the throttle since I made my own linkage out of a cf rod, turnbuckles, and ball links for the use on the throttle. I used one of the round servo arms that came with my savox servos and screwed that to a dowel that I glued to the airframe. I used a threaded rod with a secraft ball link for the rod I grab. I like the secraft link cause it's blue like the airframe is in that area. I pull for choke on and push in for choke off.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413667437795.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413667437795.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 503
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413667466147.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413667466147.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 255
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413667480821.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413667480821.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 287
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413667493600.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413667493600.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 519
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413667514274.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413667514274.jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 291

hone

150cc
I had something similar and my choke almost vibrated shut. I lost about 50% power a few minutes into my flight. Pretty much the only reason I switched to a bell crank. I also must admit that while that way is easier to set up, ease of use goes to the bell crank. No more reaching through the cowl. Just pull and push.

The way you did it is my usual method.

Yours does look very nice though.

AKfreak

150cc
Got my bell crank done. I used the linkage that's provided for the throttle since I made my own linkage out of a cf rod, turnbuckles, and ball links for the use on the throttle. I used one of the round servo arms that came with my savox servos and screwed that to a dowel that I glued to the airframe. I used a threaded rod with a secraft ball link for the rod I grab. I like the secraft link cause it's blue like the airframe is in that area. I pull for choke on and push in for choke off.
Nice job on the servo bell-crank job.
attachment.php

What kind of spacers did you use to secure the Throttle servo. I noticed, its not mounted in the factory provided location.

attachment.php

Also whats that wing nut onthe side of the plane.