• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 48" MXS-EXP

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
It's was a slow 2013 for my MXS. I never get to fly this plane enough, but it's a very special -plane for me.

[video=vimeo;74548266]https://vimeo.com/74548266[/video]

[video=vimeo;74548258]https://vimeo.com/74548258[/video]​

3dcarter

50cc
report back... [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION], did you ever have any issues with aileron blowback? I think these HS-65 MG's are too wimpy for these EXP sized ailerons. I've had some blowback in high speed maneuvers. It makes rolling loops really tough

gyro

GSN Contributor
report back... [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION], did you ever have any issues with aileron blowback? I think these HS-65 MG's are too wimpy for these EXP sized ailerons. I've had some blowback in high speed maneuvers. It makes rolling loops really tough

I didn't have blowback that I can remember, but I wasn't doing rolling loops with them.

If you can wait, Hitec has some new beefier servos in this size coming out in the future.
If you need more power now, the Savox SH-0255MG have all the torque you'll need.

3dcarter

50cc
I didn't have blowback that I can remember, but I wasn't doing rolling loops with them.

If you can wait, Hitec has some new beefier servos in this size coming out in the future.
If you need more power now, the Savox SH-0255MG have all the torque you'll need.

do you remember off the top of your head what those servos are rated for?

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
Make sure your BEC is putting out 6 volts, seal your hinge gaps and you probably won't have any more trouble.

However, once you do stall or blow them back, the servos just get weaker and it is easier to do it the next time. In that case, just sned them back to Hi Tec because they usually don't charge for anything except replacing stripped metal gears.

I have one of these running the recommended torque motor and a Castle Creations ESC. 3-HS65MG and a HS85mg servos. I had a good first flight where I didn't push anything but the second flight when I tried some rolling maneuvers I lost connection. Thankfully it connected again and I got it on the ground without any damage. I am using a spectrum dx7 with a 6110 receiver. 4s2600 lipo. Any suggestions?

I bought the plane used and BNF so left everything where it was. After this happened I realized one of the antennas was resting on the carbon wing spar. I moved it and had a successful flight after that but I didn't fly it hard. Should I be running a separate BEC on this setup?