• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 48" MXS-EXP

3dcarter

50cc
I got this airplane a few months ago, and absolutely love this airplane. The build was very straight forward. The only complaint I have is that the motor mount accommodates the recommended torque motor, and that motor only. I can't afford that, and I had a spare motor laying around, so I had to shorten the motor mount quite a bit. Other than that, I love it!

Motor: AXI 2820/12
ESC: Dynam 50 amp
Servos: HS-65 MG (ailerons), HS-5065 Mg on the rudder, and an HS-85 MG on the elevator.
RX: Spektrum AR7000
Batteries: SkyLipo 4s

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 826
  • IMG_2095.JPG
    IMG_2095.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_2101.JPG
    IMG_2101.JPG
    282.4 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_2222.JPG
    IMG_2222.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_2223.JPG
    IMG_2223.JPG
    285.5 KB · Views: 473
Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
The 48" MXS still holds the record with me for most flights on one airplane, she was awesome and a lot of fun.

One thing from above that I disagree with is about the motor options. I ran both a SunnySky from BuddyRc and a Motrolfly from SubsonicPlanes..... And they both fit with no firewall mods. Didn't even have to make new holes, they mounted fine to the stock blind nuts.

I once had to mod a motorbox...it was on a Sebart Sebach, which had a cage mount, and I moved it back so I could mount a Motrolfly on it.

I'd be interested to see how you did your modification.

3dcarter

50cc
I just cut it right in the middle, about 3/4" total cut out. I then glued it back in place and fiberglassed the bejesus out of it. Still a great flying plane though, and my dog loves to chase it around

SnowDog

Do you have any issues with cooling of the motor? Since the middle hole will be covered by a spinner, the two outside holes would seem to channel air "around" the motor...what kind of motor temps are you seeing?

3dcarter

50cc
Do you have any issues with cooling of the motor? Since the middle hole will be covered by a spinner, the two outside holes would seem to channel air "around" the motor...what kind of motor temps are you seeing?
[MENTION=2]SnowDog[/MENTION] the plane actually comes with some baffles that go right behind those two holes and direct air over the motor. Nice feature by extreme flight.

SnowDog

@SnowDog the plane actually comes with some baffles that go right behind those two holes and direct air over the motor. Nice feature by extreme flight.

wow - now that is awesome, I did not know that! that is an excellent feature! thanks for letting me know!

3dcarter

50cc
Extreme flight definitely makes quality airplanes. I would not hesitate to buy another one of their airplanes