• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 48" MXS-EXP

gyro

GSN Contributor
I bought the plane used and BNF so left everything where it was. After this happened I realized one of the antennas was resting on the carbon wing spar. I moved it and had a successful flight after that but I didn't fly it hard. Should I be running a separate BEC on this setup?

Good question. Pulling too many amps through a small ESC/BEC combo has cost me a plane before.

Short answer: it definitely won't HURT if you don't mind the expense and effort.

The label is no longer on the esc. As soon as I can get parallels on my MacBook Pro I will use castle link to try to figure out what I have. I'm over 5000 feet above sea level so if I don't have to add any weight I'll be very happy.

Ok, it is a CC Thunderbird Controller. Not sure if it's the 36 or 54 but either way I think I will upgrade to something with a switching bec. Thanks for your help guys.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ok, it is a CC Thunderbird Controller. Not sure if it's the 36 or 54 but either way I think I will upgrade to something with a switching bec. Thanks for your help guys.

Good choice. Thunderbird is a little under kill for the amazing power used in an EF 48"

ZTW gecko is the way to go! :)

I've got the 65a in my 48"