• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 104 Extra

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
Hey I had the delaminating covering and only sealed parts of the airframe with ca. I had immediate problems where I did not apply sealant on the margins of the black covering. Here's a quick vid how I took some of mine off. I could not use heat to remove mine for some reason so I started experimenting and the video shows what worked best for me.

:bangpc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=RWZXkDYze84

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey I had the delaminating covering and only sealed parts of the airframe with ca. I had immediate problems where I did not apply sealant on the margins of the black covering. Here's a quick vid how I took some of mine off. I could not use heat to remove mine for some reason so I started experimenting and the video shows what worked best for me.

:bangpc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=RWZXkDYze84

Excellent video, great method. Hope this doesn't happen with mine. :(

Deeeee

New to GSN!
Hi guys. My 104" was damaged when someone flew his foam glider into it. Broken right wing and stab. But thanks to DA Australia, it's all good and ready to go again. Meanwhile been flying the 110" Yak. Still loving it. EF planes are awesome.

hone

150cc
Hi guys. My 104" was damaged when someone flew his foam glider into it. Broken right wing and stab. But thanks to DA Australia, it's all good and ready to go again. Meanwhile been flying the 110" Yak. Still loving it. EF planes are awesome.

That sucks that you someone hit your plane! Glad it wasn't a total loss.

I'm really interested to see how EF is updating the 110'' Yak.

Deeeee

New to GSN!
That sucks that you someone hit your plane! Glad it wasn't a total loss.

I'm really interested to see how EF is updating the 110'' Yak.

Yeah it does. The guy is a committee member of the club too. Totally ignored me after he hit my plane and went about searching for pieces of foam in the paddock. I stopped flying in that club after the accident and I heard later they're not too big plane friendly these days. Anything 1.20 and above or 4s electric and above need some sort of permission from the president and CFI. Such a shame, there's normally at least a dozen big planes during the weekends now there's none.

I'm going to get another yak as soon as it's available.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
hey Mr Dee.
Nice to see you made you way over here as well.

Must get together some time and huck it up some.

Glad you got the 104 airborne once again and not suffering too much long term damage from the terribly dangerous 'hover' that some people attempt to perform in dangerous locations like flying clubs!!!.

Lol ... That last bit is all tongue in check if your wondering!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor

Welcome to 3DRCF!

hey Mr Dee.
Nice to see you made you way over here as well.

Must get together some time and huck it up some.

Glad you got the 104 airborne once again and not suffering too much long term damage from the terribly dangerous 'hover' that some people attempt to perform in dangerous locations like flying clubs!!!.

Lol ... That last bit is all tongue in check if your wondering!!!

I've been lucky so far, that the only time my engine gave way during a hover, I was high enough that I was able to nose over and coax the engine back without her quitting on me.

I think it'll be a long time before I'm comfy bringing my 104 down low (once it's built!)

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
If I remember correctly Mr Dee was hovering quite safely but you know, a 104" hovering makes a easy target for a hobbyking bixler if it's in the rights hands!!!

Deeeee

New to GSN!
If I remember correctly Mr Dee was hovering quite safely but you know, a 104" hovering makes a easy target for a hobbyking bixler if it's in the rights hands!!!

Not hovering dude. Just by myself flying some imac cos I thought I had the airspace to myself. Was about to do a half Cuban when this guy strayed from nowhere straight into my plane. Didn't announce when he was launching, didn't stand in the pilot area, didn't fly in the designated glider airspace. Committee member too...sheeesh !! Smashed the right wing and stab. Everytime I apply some throttle, the plane was hard to control and will pitch and roll violently and was heading towards the carpark. Only way was to harrier it into the long grass. Touch down gently so nothing else was broken.