• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

esc for 70" extra

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
It's all good brother. Remember we already discussed the different options for my motor. My final decision was a Mezon 90. I was going to do the 130 HV, but after talking with Ken he assured me the the 90 would be enough. Said I will probably only be pulling about 77 amps or so.

SnowDog

It would be great for someone to follow up with experience regarding the ZTW ESC's...I've always liked these ESCs but I'd like to hear from someone who has tried it and found success in some of the problem configurations.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
All it took to correct my problem was a amplified wire. Problem solved. Signal was too weak from the ESC to the RX. Humm thought I posted about this. Well at any rate there it is my fix. :banana:

:veryshocked: :flyer: Now my Vyper runs like a RAPED APE :flyer: :veryshocked:

All it took to correct my problem was a amplified wire. Problem solved. Signal was too weak from the ESC to the RX. Humm thought I posted about this. Well at any rate there it is my fix. :banana:

AWESOME, glad you figured it out....!!

SnowDog

Video or it didn't happen!!!!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
I would give you a vid of it flying, but I have to get some new wheels and an axle for it. However here's this for some proof. My son was a bit scared of it, so he went slow. I should do another one. BooYa!

[video=youtube;ZawFUSa0oxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZawFUSa0oxE[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be great for someone to follow up with experience regarding the ZTW ESC's...I've always liked these ESCs but I'd like to hear from someone who has tried it and found success in some of the problem configurations.
I haven't used the ZTW, but I've had good luck with the YEP esc's which are YGE clones and they work great.

My A60-6XS had several ESCs. Started with castle ICE 100. It got smoked when trying to use the brake function. Then I used a Hobbywing 100A platinum which worked fine. The next iteration had a Gecko 155A, but the BEC failed and fried all my servos.

The last iteration I went back to a castle ICE 100 on V3.27 and tried 7s with the motor. A bearing was going bad, so I replaced the motor with a 4330-400 which now has a Mezon 120 in it.

The Mezon 120s are not as expensive as the 90 and 130 HV ones and with the coupon codes can be had for around $200 shipped.

I have also had good experience with the two Hobbywing ESCs I have run and recently sold that platinum. Check out their V3.

Last edited by a moderator: