• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ES composite pipes

mikeh

70cc twin V2
How long have you had the carbon pipe. Never see one or held one in my hands. Do they last and does the heat get to them in time. Nice to see a picture and how they are mounted. Thanks. Interested in them.
I haven't had my pipes in for more than half of a summer, so longevity is yet to be determined. But I do like their performance and sound. I used TBM's mount. ES only recommended one pipe mount.

Attachments

• CAM01475.jpg
    CAM01475.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 368
  • CAM01411.jpg
    CAM01411.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 366
  • CAM01434.jpg
    CAM01434.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 330

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I had one of mine slip out of the coupler on my last flight and I'm needing some good ideas for holding it in. I'm a bit skeptical of putting a screw through the carbon but maybe it would work if I drilled a pilot hole big enough.

I had one of mine slip out of the coupler on my last flight and I'm needing some good ideas for holding it in. I'm a bit skeptical of putting a screw through the carbon but maybe it would work if I drilled a pilot hole big enough.

Don't go full throttle so fast, should keep the pipe from sliding back ;). Umm, any way to put in a block behind the pipe?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I haven't had my pipes in for more than half of a summer, so longevity is yet to be determined. But I do like their performance and sound. I used TBM's mount. ES only recommended one pipe mount.
I've used the TBM mount and I really like it. The last time I checked they didn't have any of the silicone O-rings, but I found some a McMaster Carr if you ever need any.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
For what it's worth, one of the guys in the club is using an ES Composite pipe that came off on the first flight. He ran a screw through the clamp and into the pipe and hasn't had a problem since.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
For what it's worth, one of the guys in the club is using an ES Composite pipe that came off on the first flight. He ran a screw through the clamp and into the pipe and hasn't had a problem since.
I'll try it. If I drill a pilot hole it shouldn't crack or split. It would be simpler than building a block to hold them.

mikeh

70cc twin V2
When I drilled a hole in mine it felt like there was some metal in the neck. I haven't had any problems with mine.