• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Engine Gurus Unite -> I need HELP!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I don't want to square anyone away, just the dirty little reciprocator. I've been here since day one, it's been my evening entertainment, "As The Propeller Turns" so to speak.

Message drop down box? I know nothing about that, please teach me something.

Teach?? Me TEACH??? I love you.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Sounds like a major Bromance to me :joy:

Nothing more than respect. He will do exactly what he said he would and not ask a penny for himself.

And in all honesty that bogus "applied gasoline engine" thread is my twisted sense of humor. Like the Jedi said it is following
a set of methods to form a process of elimination to "aid" in rendering a decision to where the problem lies or condemning an engine or any other machine for that matter.

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Which thread is that?

I guess my approach seemed flibbity jib, but I get to do things when the opportunity arises, then
it's pedal to the metal to get er done.

Oh well, now you teach me...

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Which thread is that?

I guess my approach seemed flibbity jib, but I get to do things when the opportunity arises, then
it's pedal to the metal to get er done.

Oh well, now you teach me...

LOL "which thread"....OK! Why would I want to teach any one?. I am not the definitive source of reciprocating madness.

Is there anything I can do for you?

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Well,,,,,,,,,,,
If it wasn't for bad luck :(

I have no choice but to check the reeds and blocks on my two DLE 55's now after the previous debacle with the 30.
(Come on Jody)

Anyway, I started with a 55RA that flamed out on me in July and caused damage to one of my favorite planes.
The plane was rebuilt and flown a couple of times after the incident, but my flight log still shows that it ran, didn't quit,
but wasn't idling quite right. Wouldn't idle down.
Guess I fiddled with the needles enough to get the test flights after the crash done, but now I'm looking at it
in a different light.

Today I pulled the reed block and carrier off, and much to my surprise ---------->
Survey Says:
PRESTO!

No gasket between the crankcase and the reed block.

Oy Vey...

So much to do.
So little time................................

Stop The Insanity :roflmao:

Attachments

• 55ra_no gasket.JPG
    55ra_no gasket.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 291

Jedijody

50cc
Well,,,,,,,,,,,
If it wasn't for bad luck :(

I have no choice but to check the reeds and blocks on my two DLE 55's now after the previous debacle with the 30.
(Come on Jody)

Anyway, I started with a 55RA that flamed out on me in July and caused damage to one of my favorite planes.
The plane was rebuilt and flown a couple of times after the incident, but my flight log still shows that it ran, didn't quit,
but wasn't idling quite right. Wouldn't idle down.
Guess I fiddled with the needles enough to get the test flights after the crash done, but now I'm looking at it
in a different light.

Today I pulled the reed block and carrier off, and much to my surprise ---------->
Survey Says:
PRESTO!

No gasket between the crankcase and the reed block.

Oy Vey...

So much to do.
So little time................................

Stop The Insanity :roflmao:

Good thing you checked it before the previous incident repeated itself. BTW, that reed block could use the same treatment you gave the one in the 30.