• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

EF Yaks are coming...who wants one?

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
My Pitts Challenger has the triple pull-pull setup...two cables for the rudder (one for each side), and four cables for the elevator. Setting it up took an entire weekend.

ABLEC6

New to GSN!
Sign me up for a 48" Yak! There goes my Santa cash!

Thank you Extreme Flight for making such great aircraft & for sponsoring this great forum!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sign me up for a 48" Yak! There goes my Santa cash!

Thank you Extreme Flight for making such great aircraft & for sponsoring this great forum!

I spoke with Chris last week, and he was going to send us some promotional material on the 48" Yak, so hopefully we can post that all for you soon!

-G

The 78" planes are designed around 10s 5000 setups. I tried to do 8s 5000 on a 78 Extra and the experiment was less than successful in the power and flight time. I want to try a gasser 78" MXS whenever they come out.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
I would love to do a piped DA 35 in a 78 MXS when available. MXS's need power and that thing would be a blast. It would be either that or 12S 3300 so I could use the 6S packs from the smaller planes.

Very tempting, but with the 104 Extra, Dalton, 91 Yak, 60 MXS, 60 Laser all with a spot planned for my line-up this season I don't know that I would have room or a chance to fly it as much as it would deserve.

I'll just wait for Enterprise to build one and live vicariously through him! Seeing as he owns or has owned every ~30cc plane from the good manufacturers I see no reason for him to miss this one. :D

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
thats a great idea to do the 12s 3300 setup, that would really solve a few problems. you think its enough for it?

gyro

GSN Contributor
thats a great idea to do the 12s 3300 setup, that would really solve a few problems. you think its enough for it?

Would 12s 3300 be enough? But I suppose that going from 8s 4000 on my 70-74" planes it should be....

It was designed around 10s 5000 so that is 50,000 mah. divide that by 12 and you get 4166. I have some 6s 4000 packs so that would be the correct conversion. running 3300s mean it will be light and IF you have high enough C rating packs you will not see less power, just less flight time.

My guess is that the Hacker A60-8S is the correct motor for this setup. 28 pole outrunner with 188kv.

I do have a fetish for 30cc. They just seem to fit into my vehicles and budget.

ghoffman is going to be testing two ES pipes in his 78 Extra so we'll see if he can finally get a powerplant that works to his liking (2:1)

Like Cody though, I have to make a choice between doing up a 91" Yak or one of these. Probably not enough time between other projects to get it ready for the flying season.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I think for now, I've settled on my two 30cc electrics, the Velox and Slick. I'm also pretty set on the 50 & 100cc size... but I will HAVE to find a way to get the quarter scale MXS when it comes out.

So as far as the 48" EF YAK EXP, we'll be getting one of those immediately upon it's release, and we'll do a full write up and review on the site. We already have all the innards ready to go: DM 2820-855 (13x6.5 prop), ZTW "B-series" 65A ESC, and some Hitec HS-5065MG servos. Still undecided on going HS-5085MG or HS-5065MG on the elev

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
I think for now, I've settled on my two 30cc electrics, the Velox and Slick. I'm also pretty set on the 50 & 100cc size... but I will HAVE to find a way to get the quarter scale MXS when it comes out.

So as far as the 48" EF YAK EXP, we'll be getting one of those immediately upon it's release, and we'll do a full write up and review on the site. We already have all the innards ready to go: DM 2820-855 (13x6.5 prop), ZTW "B-series" 65A ESC, and some Hitec HS-5065MG servos. Still undecided on going HS-5085MG or HS-5065MG on the elev

try out the savox 0255mg for the elevator. should be plenty