• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

EF Yaks are coming...who wants one?

gyro

GSN Contributor
As long as they are Yak 54's and not 55's (ugly ass airframe imho), I'm in for a 48". 91" is too big for me, a 70-74" would be nice.

48" will be on the next container I believe. We will definitely be getting one for a site review!

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
its interesting, for some reason extreme flight is staying mostly away from the 70" range planes, they seem to be gravitating around that size (48in, 60in, 90in). i wonder why

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
Yeah, but they are adding the 78" MXS soon :)

oh yeah, forgot about that. as far as gas goes its great, but for electrics its kinda an awkward size, i think its a little much to fly on a single pack (6s5000). I wish they would post videos/more pictures of planes that are soon to come out. i need plenty of pictures and videos and have time to make up my mind before it comes out! :D

gyro

GSN Contributor
oh yeah, forgot about that. as far as gas goes its great, but for electrics its kinda an awkward size, i think its a little much to fly on a single pack (6s5000). I wish they would post videos/more pictures of planes that are soon to come out. i need plenty of pictures and videos and have time to make up my mind before it comes out! :D

The motrolfly 4330 might be a good motor for that plane... Maybe on a pair of 4s4000 or 5000 packs or something like that?

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
The motrolfly 4330 might be a good motor for that plane... Maybe on a pair of 4s4000 or 5000 packs or something like that?

yeah i was just looking up light setups, and it seems that people (including donatas) have done a 6s5000 setup on the 78 extra and gotten it down to around 10.5 lbs (apparently donatas flew the 78 extra in a competition that required <11 lbs, and he got it there). Thats really promising, and something like a hacker a60-6xs with a 22x10 would be a KILLER setup on it, but it makes me nervous about balancing. I dont know how easy it would be to join the elevators, or to do a pull-pull elevator, just to get the CG right. may be more of a pain than it is worth

gyro

GSN Contributor
yeah i was just looking up light setups, and it seems that people (including donatas) have done a 6s5000 setup on the 78 extra and gotten it down to around 10.5 lbs (apparently donatas flew the 78 extra in a competition that required <11 lbs, and he got it there). Thats really promising, and something like a hacker a60-6xs with a 22x10 would be a KILLER setup on it, but it makes me nervous about balancing. I dont know how easy it would be to join the elevators, or to do a pull-pull elevator, just to get the CG right. may be more of a pain than it is worth

Pull-Pull isn't that hard when the plane is designed for it with a double control arm on the rudder, and the tray under the canopy... I've never tried building or adding it to a plane that didn't have those incorporated into the design.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
Pull-Pull isn't that hard when the plane is designed for it with a double control arm on the rudder, and the tray under the canopy... I've never tried building or adding it to a plane that didn't have those incorporated into the design.

yeah im talking pull pull elevator AND rudder. there is a sebart plane (the sukhoi 3D monster) that has it, and it looks crazy complicated. but the video i found of the ultra light 78 extra looks pretty great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9XHRRnyFPM

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2

All you need to know about pull systems is "if it centers leave it alone."