• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

EF 48" Laser EXP

Ok, I flipped the right wing over and tried it on the left side. It does the same thing as the left wing was doing must be the fuse. I am looking at the fuse closer and it looks like the top of the wing sheeting is hitting the cut out for the recessed area in the fuse where the wing goes in. I need to somehow trim the recess to make it bigger, I am just trying to think of a way to do it without it coming out looking like crap. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Nothing is physically stopping it. It either wasn't built square or the mounting tab/nut were not drilled in the correct location.

That sucks, but I'm confident EF will fix it for you if cant get it working yourself.

Hang in there :)

Ok, at least I know what is going on for sure now. I took a pen and traced around the wing where it recesses into the fuse and it is not seating in there because the recess is too small in an area. Here is a picture of what I have going on. I am just nervous about cutting into it because I am afraid it is not going to look uniform. Looking for some advice on trimming this area and making it look nice. Fuse Recess Problem.jpg

Thanks for your idea of flipping the wing Steve, I wouldn't have seen it if I hadn't have tried that. The tolerances on those recesses in the fuse are pretty tight.

play_e_robertson_400.jpg Happy, happy, happy!

Wing issue resolved. I took my covering iron and went over the covering in that area to make sure it was glued down really good and then took my hobby knife and trimmed away the sheeting overlapping the recess. I then took the iron over it again to make sure it didn't get loose then took some thin CA to seal the wood around where I cut. It is not perfect but I don't think anyone but me would notice. Awesome! Thanks for walking me through the troubleshooting!

Wing Issue Resolved (1).jpgWing Issue Resolved (2).jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Looks great! Nice job figuring it out and fixing it. Don't forget pics and vid at the maiden!

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
Huckin,

Good that you got it sorted out. the repair looks perfect to me!

Good luck with the maiden.