• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

EF 48" Laser EXP

djmoose

70cc twin V2
So those of you with a 48" laser and 48" mxs, which do you like better?

The mxs is definitely more violent. It tumbles like crazy.

The laser is more smooth..does not get as many rotations in a tumbles.

I think it depends on how you like to fly...it's not really fair to say one is better then the other. I liked them both for different reasons.

gyro

GSN Contributor
The mxs is definitely more violent. It tumbles like crazy.

The laser is more smooth..does not get as many rotations in a tumbles.

I think it depends on how you like to fly...it's not really fair to say one is better then the other. I liked them both for different reasons.

Ahh... but Moose, I didn't ask which one was better, I asked which one was liked better. Obviously, flying style comes into play to that decision, and would be helpful to share with said opinion, so that one with a similar flying style could get some perspective.

:)

-G

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Ahh... but Moose, I didn't ask which one was better, I asked which one was liked better. Obviously, flying style comes into play to that decision, and would be helpful to share with said opinion, so that one with a similar flying style could get some perspective.

:)

-G

And....like I said...I liked them both for different reasons. (after I explained the differences I experienced)

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just ordered one of these today. Getting ready to order a few batteries. What capacity do you guys like the best?

I really like a minimum of 2600mah in these birds, they can easily handle the weight, and it makes the tumbles and spins all the much better. I'm currently flying my 48" Yak-EXP with 315g 2800 lipos.

As matter of fact, buddyrc.com (epbuddy) just got the 4s 2600mAh in stock, and those are what I would buy if I needed some: http://www.buddyrc.com/glacier-30c-2600mah-4s1p.html

Congrats on the purchase!

-G

Thanks Gyro! Does that go for the rest of the 48" EXP series as well or you just like the extra weight in the Laser?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up 4 of those batteris from EPBuddy. I have several of the Glacier batteries in 2s and 3s and they are holding up really good. I might actually be able to get two seasons out of my 2s batteries for indoors which is pretty rare for me, I guess we will see how the hold up in storage during the outdoor season.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks Gyro! Does that go for the rest of the 48" EXP series as well or you just like the extra weight in the Laser?

Yes, for me it does. The EF recommended range for the Laser, MXS, Edge, and Yak (all the one I've had/have) is: 4S 2200/2300 - 2700mAh LiPo. I like the upper range of that recommendation. I like the extra flight time (usually have my timer at 6 minutes) and I like the extra energy.

Just picked up 4 of those batteris from EPBuddy. I have several of the Glacier batteries in 2s and 3s and they are holding up really good. I might actually be able to get two seasons out of my 2s batteries for indoors which is pretty rare for me, I guess we will see how the hold up in storage during the outdoor season.

sweet!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Pontus, You fix your laser yet?
I think you're going to have to give it away if you don't fix it soon!