• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Dual BuildNew PAU 35cc Edge and 35cc Extra

Tseres

150cc
I got all the tape off of the Extra. But put another piece on the counterbalance to hold the ruder in place. Mounted the ruder servo and finished the Elevator push rods. The end caps are glued on with 30 minute epoxy and I have a #2 sheet metal screw to insure that they don't pull apart. The screw went all the way through and I used medium CA to hold the screws in with a dab of kicker to set it off. Then I ground the tip of the screw flush with the end cap.

This is when I ran out of feel like it.

DSC_0054.JPG
DSC_0055.JPG
DSC_0056.JPG
DSC_0057.JPG
DSC_0058.JPG
DSC_0059.JPG
DSC_0060.JPG

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice, I'm all about the MKS now but I will say Savox makes some pretty good servos for the LiFe and A123 users. Like those 1256/1257's and 1232 are really good for this size plane, cheap and light weight too.

Tseres

150cc
I don't feel the need for high voltage. 6 V has plenty of power for me. Everyone wants the latest and greatest. Me I like the old proven stuff. :)

This is the setup from my AJ Laser. I know it works and works well. Except for the elevator.

BalsaDust

I don't feel the need for high voltage. 6 V has plenty of power for me. Everyone wants the latest and greatest. Me I like the old proven stuff. :)

This is the setup from my AJ Laser. I know it works and works well. Except for the elevator.

I have to agree with you there. I set up a profile on high voltage and the extra power was nice but the servos got so much faster that I had to dial in a bunch more expo to get them back to my liking. Just pulled the high voltage setup out and went back to a 6volt setup.

Rusty 73

100cc
The 6V set is what i perfer ,I don't know if the jumpily quickness of the HV servos is what i would enjoy .
My 1231 1230 savox servos have worked perfectly with the A123 battery power pack . Dont need the elevated performance gained by the MKS servos ...:joy:

The main reason I'm investing in HV servos now is to get the torque advantage on the 40%er I'm building.

It has its benefits in reducing the number of servos needed for a plane like that or technically making your setup more simple by removing the voltage regulator (1 less thing to fail). Nevertheless there are some pretty reliable regulators out there that will probably outlast 2 or 3 planes.

Rusty 73

100cc
The main reason I'm investing in HV servos now is to get the torque advantage on the 40%er I'm building.

It has its benefits in reducing the number of servos needed for a plane like that or technically making your setup more simple by removing the voltage regulator (1 less thing to fail). Nevertheless there are some pretty reliable regulators out there that will probably outlast 2 or 3 planes.

I perfer the 6.6volt Life A123 packs that start at 6.6 volts and hold a constant voltage output until the very end when they fall off quickly.
So the performance of all HV servos fall off as the voltage drops were as the A123 LiFE pack hold a constant output without a regulator .

Im going to us Savox 1230 @ 500 oz torque, reaction .16 @ 6 volts for the elevator on my new 35% PAU and 1231 @ 444 oz of torque , reaction .14 for my ailerons these are plenty qick enough and strong for my type of Flying. The Rudder will get a 1230 servo with 500 oz to provide enough torque there . Im going to use a Jeti Central Box 200 with two A123 LiFE batteries that will provide a voltage to all of the servos . I have never use a Central power box in any aircraft but the advantage of the Jeti box provide an excellent platform for my new 35% PAU.
I would love to use only one servo per wing but i believe i would get twisting of the Aileron by doing this .:joy:

Tseres

150cc
Made up some Elevator Extensions from Taildragger wires and ends. They came out to 20 inches each. This depends on where you mount your Servos. That should be a good ballpark figure.
made up the pull pull cables same as on the Edge. Mounted the pushrods. I think I got lucky here. I believe they were supposed to be sized first before glueing together. I usually mount the servo arm towards the back so the push rod is as short as possible. Not this time. The rod is to long to do that. They do fit with the arm to the front. smile emoticon Mounted my Receiver and set the max throws... Was going to use Futaba but I loaned the Transmitter out to a friend so I went with Spectrum. I'll put the Futaba in my Camel that I'm building. Don't make the same mistakes on the pushrods that I did. At least you now know how not to do it.

DSC_0061.JPG
DSC_0062.JPG
DSC_0063.JPG
DSC_0064.JPG
DSC_0065.JPG
DSC_0066.JPG
DSC_0067.JPG
DSC_0068.JPG
DSC_0069.JPG