• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

The tunnel is sheeted. Now, to glue on the front bottom deck.

IMG_2232.JPG

I finally have glued on the bottom front deck. And then, the cowl, should be cured in 24 hours or so.

IMG_2233.JPG
IMG_2234.JPG

After this cures, I will glue on the rear bottom deck, and then, I can add the fin and the turtle deck.

Here is a sneak peek at the bottom of the fuselage. Still need to do more sanding.

Next step, is to cut out the rudder/fin, and glue that on the rear, then add a conduit tube from back to middle, and then install the turtle deck. Imagine, once I do this, then repeat on Fuselage #1!

IMG_2239.JPG
IMG_2235.JPG
IMG_2236.JPG
IMG_2238.JPG
IMG_2237.JPG
IMG_2234.JPG

Rudder was cut out, per plans. Without a counter balance, it will make this step way easier. the hinge gap requires me to us two 3/8" balsa stock, on the LE and on the TE of the rudder hinge. SO, it will be 3/4" on one side, and 3/4" on the other side.

IMG_2240.JPG
IMG_2243.JPG
IMG_2241.JPG
IMG_2242.JPG
IMG_2244.JPG

thank you sir. I did get some more done...

the cowl is coming together, and I wanted to get an idea of what it will look like. Tomorrow, I should be able to glue on the fin, and then the turtle deck.

IMG_2247.JPG
IMG_2248.JPG
IMG_2249.JPG
IMG_2246.JPG
IMG_2250.JPG

My goodness Cam! You can really make hay when the sun shines! Even when it isn't. Wow!!

I have been getting in trouble with my wife .
:devil-dance:

This morning, I shaped the LE of the fin, and then began to draw out the center line of the fuselage, from the nose to the tail.

I marked the tail center at the fuselage trailing edge, and also on the fuselage nose, by motor box, and then checked it with center line on the firewall. SO far, so good..
IMG_2251.JPG

IMG_2253.JPG

then, I drew my line in the top of the tail of the fuselage. This will mark the front of the fin.
IMG_2252.JPG

IMG_2254.JPG

Here is the line. I want to make sure the fin LE center, is aligned with this mark. Additionally, I want the fin to be perpendicular to the wings. SO i brought out the laser light, and made sure the fuselage was level on the table.
IMG_2255.JPG

time to go to work. When I return, I should be able to do some more. I have a contest this weekend, but looks like rain in Sherman. And I have not practiced at all in over 1 week. Oh well!!

:dancing-chicken:

ROLLERMAN

70cc twin V2
Hello Cam,

The pushrods, I got them for our local hobby Store, I believe they are made by Dubro and yes they are heavy duty and I have not had any issues. I should be able to get you a part# when I get home. Sorry I didn’t see this till I got to work this morning, I don’t get on the computer at home much. Next time send me a text.

thank you Primo @ROLLERMAN , I appreciate you. They are Sullivan products for 4-40 threads. Ordered them this morning.

Ok, before I begin, I do want to say, that yes, I was at work today. I did two surgeries, and then was able to come home and work some more on fuselage #2.

Early this morning, I did glue on the fin, and I used epoxy resin mixed with milled fiberglass. I also used the laser light to make sure it was perpendicular to the wings. And, it was. When i got home, it was solid.

I sanded down the TE of the fin, and then did some measurements again. SO far, so good.
IMG_2259.JPG
IMG_2258.JPG

I then flipped it, and began to work on the bottom of the TE of the fin, and sanded it smooth. This will be fun to cover!! LOL!!! I guess I could fill that gap with balsa, and let the tail wheel elevate the fuselage tail more??
IMG_2256.JPG
IMG_2257.JPG