• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Rusty, I am in Shreveport, LA, about 2060 miles south east from you, and it is 40 degrees F, here right now and freezing!! I can only imagine how cold it is there now? will the 28000 lumens of light help keep it warm??

Rusty 73

100cc
It should help produce some heat in the garage but i need to get a gas heater install for next year .
Reached 24.8f today and a bomby 7.7f yesterday . thats about normal for early December .

More wheel pants! Now, they are done, primer time for them. Next up, the cowl....

IMG_2757.JPG
IMG_2756.JPG
IMG_2755.JPG

the wood block, on the outer side of the wheel, inside the pant, is glued on with WEST resin, and then fiber glass tape, then thin balsa to be able to compress the fiberglass tape/resin to the inside of the wheel pant.

Hi Ben, these are the standard titanium axles from White Rose Engineering. Been using them for years for this reason, among other. These axles are very tough. I have bent a few, but considering hundreds of landings, I think they are much better than most out there. Some of the axles that come in 40% sized arfs have landed as little as one flight!

The ends of the White Rose titanium axles are drilled and tapped for 6-32 screws.

Rusty 73

100cc
Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 2.01.15 PM.png

This picture shows holes already in the ends , now Im going to order a set for my Extra , thanks Cam, I appreciate the insite to how you build .