• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Got it all set up and it works great!

IMG_1972.JPG
IMG_1973.JPG

IMG_1974.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG

Made my 2nd skin, this time, using a wider blue masking tape, and using this rail to make sure the sides are true and straight. Worked out great. I am really happy with this.

This is it all taped , using a wider 2" masking tape.
IMG_1976.JPG

I flipped the balsa sheet, and then using this syringe, I placed a thin beed inside the gap.
IMG_1979.JPG

IMG_1977.JPG
IMG_1978.JPG

I believe by this afternoon, I may be able to bag the 1st wing.

Here is the 1st wing! Well, I use a red dye with the epoxy resin, West Epoxy resin, and if it goes thru the cracks and appears on the top surface of the sheeting, then I will know I did not do a good job!

This should be ready by 5 pm today.

I will remove and show you what has happened.

IMG_1980.JPG

just weighed the wings, and the right and left have a 0.8 ounce difference! Not bad, I would say.

Just did the edge gluing on airplane #1's wing skins. The airplane model I have been working on and the wings are done, is known as airplane #2, well, that is how they are labelled. I have the wings and stabs and fuselage all labeled #1 and #2 respectively. #1 will get the quad, and #2 will get the 150 cc twin with tuned pipes. I am hoping #2 weighs under 38 pounds. and that #1 weighs under 43 pounds.

We will see! (like next year or so!)

Just edge glued one of the front bottom deck pans. Plan to make all the sheeting and foam for all airplanes before proceeding.