• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

hello @scruffmeister , the bags has to be 36" diameter and 5 yard length , is the one i ordered from ACP. you only need about 2 yards of it, but with the 5 yard length, you can reuse it, and remove the excess if it gets a hole or is glue damaged.

capthis

70cc twin V2
It's going on 3 months since your last post on this thread. I'll just come pick up this junk balsa wood mess from your shop since you have clearly moved on! :)

I mean a tidy shop is important and I can't imagine how difficult it is to constantly trip over two giant piles of balsa wood!

I provide this service free of charge too, so no worries about any disposal fees :) :) :)

capthis

70cc twin V2
no way buddy!!

as soon as my contest is complete, I will get back on the build!!

Our contest is this weekend, in Shreveport, LA

you coming?

Cam, I am supposed to fly in my first eye mackin contest this weekend at the Posey Flyers Club here close to Evansville IN. I've been practicing some and I think I can at least do the basic sequence! :)

I'm gonna fly my junky ole Carden extra.....
46521.jpg
46518.jpg

BalsaDust

It's going on 3 months since your last post on this thread. I'll just come pick up this junk balsa wood mess from your shop since you have clearly moved on! :)

I mean a tidy shop is important and I can't imagine how difficult it is to constantly trip over two giant piles of balsa wood!

I provide this service free of charge too, so no worries about any disposal fees :) :) :)

This coming from the guy who is the example behind the phrase Capping out. How many cardens you have sitting around your house and how many of them can actually fly?

Reactions: JAG
Hi Primo @ROLLERMAN , I found your post to answer my question. it is your post # 126, on here, GSN.

That is some master craftsmanship there buddy. I like the CF mounts you made.

Did you find that the canister was abutting F4?

This morning, I was able to install the DA 150 on frame #2, the one with the longer motor box, and preliminary placement of the KS tuned pipes. Now, I need to figure out what to do to install these. I have the KS comfort mounts. But, I just removed canisters on another airplane, and those comfort mounts, the rubber, just crumbled apart! And this is after 320 flights or so. Therefore, I am hesitant to use the comfort mounts. I can post some pictures when I get home this evening.

Here are the pictures:

The header length is 34 cm. These were some older headers, that had been cut in the past, and I had to re-lengthen them, by using the extensions, and welding them on.

Now, from what I understand, with a DA 150 and KS1090 tuned pipes, the header length should be:

13 & 3/4"

If anyone knows any different, please let me know.

this is the email I received from Klaus:

Hi Cam,
we recommend a neutral header-length from 330-340 mm (DA 150 / KS 1090 pipes)
Have a nice weekend
Klaus Krumscheid

IMG_1856.JPG
IMG_1857.JPG

This picture. demonstrates the header and where it has been lengthened. They are each 34 cm in length. this is the NEUTRAL LENGTH, meaning, taking into account the bend, in reality the length is shorter than this measurement from the exhaust port to the coupler, meaning, it is a distance that is of the whole tubing, even as it bends.

(hope I have not confused anyone)

IMG_1858.JPG

here, lies the problem......

these pipes fit, but they are snug in there!

IMG_1859.JPG

and it also has contact with the balsa cross brace! I cannot imagine this working out???!!!
IMG_1860.JPG

anyone have any advice?