• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Do you like it? Huh? Well do ya?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Somehow....I "knew" that would be your response. LOL
nice foamy!
Now how are you going to get it back in the shop?
Umm....float it there of course. DUH.... LOL
Few more hundred hours on RF / GSN sessions and you''ll be draggin' the tail on that sucker! They are pretty badass planes. Friend of ours from Omaha area had one and it was pretty crazy. @thelaw was on top of it with the video and shot a little video:

Funny part is that @tylerzx9r 's 42% pilot Yak looks like some 50cc plane when they are hoving on the deck at about 4:30!!!!!!!
It was actually "HIS" that made me ultimately decide to do this. I watched his videos about a million times. Love that scheme.
Does my toy airplane make my house look small?
:yesss:
Oh you have "NO" idea....
Hmmm, that plane kinda looks familiar,,, I think I know that photographer too :)

Welcome to the Big Boy League Rob!
Thanks Bill.... We'll be talking again I am sure.

So my projected set up will be: 3W275CSTS from @Rooman, Savox 2231 servos throughout, Was thinking about putting a killer exhaust on it, But not too sure now. I mean its a "BIG" plane. It needs to sound like one right? No sissy 42% sound here. :laughing:And pulling the trigger on the JR XG11. Why not....???

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Sucky part is Phil's had an untimely demise due to an engine flame-out on a high alfa knife edge pass. Man, that thing is amazing though when tuned up. Mainly fuse damage as I understood it. I think I heard another friend of mine @edgewise may be helping to get it back together......but I have not heard any updates. @sproose_moose is the big guy that we fly with. I like to go down there to fly as much as we can.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So yea, it is a 50%'er. Bill Hempel design. I've really been wanting one and well, it just so happened two of them came available. One complete ready to fly. Which alas, is just too far away to acquire. That one, I would have sold my small 50cc'ers to have. Just not practical getting it here from NJ. And this one, Bare frame ready for my groping hands to fill its ever need. I have decided on the 3W 275csts red jugged demon of death. 27.5 lil ponies swinging a 37X13 weapon. Setup will include Savox 2231's throughout (all hardwired in of course) except for the throttle and choke. All harnesses and multiplex connectors will be TDRC.... No question on that one. I will be using Fromeco 7800 mah 7.4 twin rx. batteries going through a Smart-Fly EQ10. I will also be running twin 5200 7.4 Fromeco's for the ignition. Maybe a little overkill on the ignition, but really don't want to take chances. All powered up using a Smart-Fly Pin and Flag fail safe. (I hate a bunch of switches on the sides of my fuse.) For guidance, security (and peace of mind) this behemoth will be directed by a brand new JR XG11 with the RG1131B telemetry rx. And last but not least? A half scale living pilot for the cockpit. LOL..... Not sure if I am going to do anything elaborate other than take care of some minor things. Earle has the market cornered on "BLING" to thy thing. No way to top that Cat. So, I will just fly the heck out of it, hover it over the deck in MONSTER GIANT SCALE fashion. First things first, Note to self: Order Radio, purchase motor!:yesss: