• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Dmss?

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Keep in mind dmss is a completely different communication language and those JR radios are NOT compatible with DSM2 and DSMx. Any DMS2 or DSMX RXes in your fleet will have to be replaced if you go the JR DMSS route.

Keep in mind dmss is a completely different communication language and those JR radios are NOT compatible with DSM2 and DSMx. Any DMS2 or DSMX RXes in your fleet will have to be replaced if you go the JR DMSS route.

I had no problem paying $50 ea. for 5 channel FHSS-1 receivers for my beloved 48" EXPs once I got an airtronics. DMSS doesn't sound half bad, the receivers appear to have telem. modules included with their receivers. Whatever that means. Maybe Spek is doing that now? For what it's worth, I'm with Snowdog. I couldn't care less about telemetry at this point.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
DMSS doesn't sound half bad, the receivers appear to have telem. modules included with their receivers. Whatever that means. Maybe Spek is doing that now? For what it's worth, I'm with Snowdog. I couldn't care less about telemetry at this point.

I found this tidbit "DMSS also offers Two-Way Communication (telemetry), with receiver voltage monitoring as standard. Additional sensors include altitude/variometer, RPM, temperature and flight pack voltage/current monitoring."

If it's like DSMX RXes, you'll also get the number of frame drops and holds during operation.

2005ghostrider

New to GSN!
I have the JR XG8 the rx's that I have all give rx voltage. I have the 8 channel that came with the radio and 3 more from Hobbyking. I haven't had any problems with any of them but I have only used them in foam planes. The 8 channel JR rx will accept all the telemetry sensors but I haven't tried them because of cost vs need for telemetry. My XG8 radio and 4 rx's is for sale if you decide to go to DMSS.

3dbandit

100cc
I have never had an issue with any of the DSM(2-X) products.

On the other hand, I have had major problems with BEC's not putting out enough power for my servos.

Check your servos for current draw. Use an inline amp meter and try moving the servos by hand while powered up. If the sum of the peak current from all your servos is higher than the capabilities of your BEC, that could be the source of failure.

You are using 5245's so I assume this is a 60"ish size plane. In 60" class planes and up, I always use a separate RX pack. I would either use a 2s lipo with a regulator or a 2s Life pack.

The amp meter I use: http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/digital-servo-and-receiver-current-meter-HAN172

Recommended lipo: http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/900mah-2s-7-4v-g8-pro-lite-rx-lipo-THP9002SPPRX (this should let you fly many flights on a single charge)