• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE 85

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I got my Falcon 26x10 today. I went with woody because my carbon 27x9W was pretty rough on the low end also at WOT leading me to think it was not loaded enough. Thankfully I was correct. The wood 26x10 is fairly thick at the root and loads the engine just right at high idle. WOT was really nice as well. I got four more flights on it which makes 7 total and think I found good tuning. It's super nice harrier around on the deck, it's super fast as well. Ended up putting quite a throttle curve in to take the jump out of it since the plane comes in at 20lbs. 3oz:banana-dance:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Can't speak for others but mine is not real bad. I have the vibe mount installed but only used 1" standoffs on it. My plane is 91" with foam core wings. I've seen da60's vibe worse honestly.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
It's not as bad as I expected, but this is the biggest single piston engine I've ever used and didn't really know what to expect. I'm using the vibration mount just as it came out of the box.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
Is anybody getting the 7500 rpm that the manual suggests? Perhaps we should be reading that as a redline number instead of an expected performance number. Any thoughts?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
If I was seeing 7500 on an 85, I think I'd be considering a larger prop.

Agree, that's too much. Just by sound I'm guessing 63-6500 on mine but with only 7 flights and not leaned the top end too much. after another 15-20 flights I'll take some readings. Mine will take 10 gallons to break in because I'm running redline 40:1, but that's just fine with me. I'll reach my break in status sometime in 2017 I suppose!!

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
From what I've seen from running mine, I would be afraid to try to get another 1000 rpm out of it. I know it won't turn my 26x8 anywhere near that fast. Being a convert to the Redline 40:1 club, and new to this engine, I think the 6400 that I'm getting is just about right.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Remember, if you do a WOT level pass you are going to gain another 500 easy. With downline even more. Probably what they are thinking. That's why I could not give a *&$ about ground RPM numbers when people post them. It is so subjective to tuning, atmosphere, location and other factors. I prop for performance that I want and go from that. For me the performance in the bottom half of the throttle range is the most important thing about propping an engine.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Yep it's all about getting the performance that fits your flying style. What RPM is turning is pretty irrelevant as long as your not over revving the crap out of it. On the other hand I do like to see other peoples static results to see if I'm in the ballpark.