• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE 85

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
lol I ain't took any but initial pull out the box happiness pics.View attachment 16984 View attachment 16985
That was my first gasser. I bought it used with an evolution 80 and thought it was friggin awesome until somebody let me fly a 35% with a da120. It's a good flying plane though...it would be fun to slap a da100 on it! I think I was running a vess 26c and switched to a mej 27 10. I would imagine the 85 would run about the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
That was my first gasser. I bought it used with an evolution 80 and thought it was friggin awesome until somebody let me fly a 35% with a da120. It's a good flying plane though...it would be fun to slap a da100 on it! I think I was running a vess 26c and switched to a mej 27 10. I would imagine the 85 would run about the same.

I'm hoping she's a good un, teach me a little, I'm already dreaming 35% PAU Viper GP123, just got to hit lottery, or find sugar mama that is into short balding old man.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm hoping she's a good un, teach me a little, I'm already dreaming 35% PAU Viper GP123, just got to hit lottery, or find sugar mama that is into short balding old man.

Can't wait for you guy's to see it at Nall. Actually I bet an 85 would haul around the kit version pretty well but 100L / 111 / DLE120 is just too much fun to pass. Not looking good to have one of my kit versions there this year though.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
We have a few guys at the field who are crazy about weight savings(like only use 2 screws per servo crazy) and fly lightened 35%ers with da 85s. I will admit that they do fly good with that setup but I prefer a slightly heavier plane with the get out of jail free power of a 120. However they fly the less aggressive, low n slow type of maneuvers and this size engine is really all you need for that...hell one of them had that h9 Sukhoi with an os55 in it and it flew decent.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
We have a few guys at the field who are crazy about weight savings(like only use 2 screws per servo crazy) and fly lightened 35%ers with da 85s. I will admit that they do fly good with that setup but I prefer a slightly heavier plane with the get out of jail free power of a 120. However they fly the less aggressive, low n slow type of maneuvers and this size engine is really all you need for that...hell one of them had that h9 Sukhoi with an os55 in it and it flew decent.

Yeah manual says 58 - 85cc on Sukhoi, I tried to find a used 100, but someone steered me away, and I settled for 85. I think I'll be happy with it though. The 100 idea was to move forward into 100cc, after Sukhoi, but like my bud reminded me, if I went 100cc, like you, I would want the 120 foamy power.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
My test stand is 3/4 inch plywood reinforced with a back piece and side braces. It's bolted to a steel tool stand that probably weighs 45-50 punds. That engine will turn it over at half throttle. The last time we ran it to set the needles and take readings, I used cargo straps attached to a very large tree to hold the entire contraption in place. I was a little concerned about the straps!! they only have a 1600 pound rating. :)