• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE-55 spitting too much gas back .

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Thanks again Stang !! I just took the carb off & the reed, I think , off but it looks so perfect I can't believe something isn't right there or not sealing. This is the pyramid shaped part with clear plastic on it . It appears to have a gasket on it, now do I remove that gasket & then sand down the block?
I'll have to find that mod again, I know I have it somewhere !
Thanks, John

Oh, good tip on taking pictures !!

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Looks can be deceiving, remember they are fluttering 100-125 times a second.

Gosh, you're not kidding !! I'm all done with the sanding & it was just like the guy said when I sanded off the Marker ink, lots of little lines but I got em' !! I think I'm one gasket short in my gasket set though. I ordered that gasket set this summer , now have to order another set !!
Ha !! I wasn't going to do this till Jan. but now I'm almost done & it was really easy !!
Thanks, John & thanks to Stangflier too for getting me going !!

hello John, is it ok if i ask a question on your thread?

I am posting a question for a friend. He has a DLE 55 R, and he purchased the motor brand new, this past summer. He has it in a aeroworks extra, and does mostly sport and IMAC flying. HE has over 100 flights on it.
He has recently done some changes.
bear with me, and i will get to the question.,....

the original muffler has cracked three times. he has re-welded it, and even the OHS has sent him two replacement mufflers as well!!

forgot who it is, but i suspect the person from VVRC.

all of them have cracked.

ok, he just recently purchased a JTEC muffler, during the winter.

and

we have been practicing IMAC, and on long down lines
the motor would

hiccup!!!

so, past 3 weeks, we replaced the clunk with a felt clunk from Home Depot lawn and garden department.

ok, what happened today, and please forgive me for being so long winded http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

today, he got a dead stick!!!

bad news

but no damage to the airplane, besides a cracked propeller.

this is what we happened.

while we were practicing, (he has a high idle, turned on immediately upon take off), everytime he came out of Immelmann, and lowered throttle all the way to make the spin, the motor, once the airplane broke, would sound like it was about to turn off. on the way down,he would be bursting the throttle.

eventually, it died on him.

ok, we changed out the prop,

and on the ground:

1. transition from idle to WOT, great, no problem.
2. idle is ok. (hold a minute here)
3. ok, if WOT, and drop throttle immediately down, then with stick all the way down, it still has a high idle, like over 2000 rpm, then over a 20 second period, the idling comes down slowly, then to a rough idle.
4. if at this point, he punches it, it will transition great to WOT.

anyone have any ideas of what it could be.

he has a CM6 spark plug, he just changed out as well. ??

also, i checked his throttle servo, and when he brought the stick down, the servo did the same.

Jedijody

50cc
The low needle is a bit too lean. Richen it in small increments until it comes back to normal idle speed when you chop the throttle.

we did that. That was our 1st instinct. however, this did not fix the problem.
we then set it back to factory settings:
1.25 out on the low
1.5o on the high.

and problem persisted.