• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Yak 54, 38% please submit suggestions here....

Once the canisters are installed, I will work on some baffle plates. I was able to print this true to scale image of the DA 200. I will use this as a template to cut out the baffle plate. I will be using CF thin sheet with poplar.

IMG_8386.JPG
IMG_8387.JPG

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
90 degree head for a Dremel tool would work, or an angle drill. Harbor Freight has several cheap ones that would probably work.

OK, I need a beer now, or two!! I got it in there and they are solid. I am very pleased with the results, but it was not easy!! let me see if the pics will show you what I have done..
SOon, i will have to undo all this!!! LOL!!!
The good thing is, that the aluminum plate is held in place with 4 screws, 2 on each side, with blind nuts on opposite side. Access to it is quite easy, so I am not worried.
SO that I can sheet the bottom and cut out holes for the stingers, and do the rest of the stuff that needs to be done, like covering the airplane. All that is left is to do is mount the throttle servo, and we will be done.
Then finish beveling the wings/ailerons, and cover wings/stabs, etc....

IMG_8389.JPG
IMG_8390.JPG
IMG_8391.JPG
IMG_8392.JPG
IMG_8393.JPG
IMG_8394.JPG

Installed the throttle servo: This is a tight install, very little room, seems like the way the headers are designed with this drop, I will not be able to get to the needles for the rear carb ;( ... Nothing is binding or impinging, but very close where the throttle arm is in proximity to the header. If only the headers were out by 1 cm.

IMG_8397.JPG
IMG_8398.JPG
IMG_8401.JPG
IMG_8402.JPG
IMG_8403.JPG

I have glued on the baffle plate mounting tabs.
IMG_8424.JPG

Then I placed the baffle plate on and positioned it...
IMG_8425.JPG

Then i drilled into the tab, and inserted a 4-40 screw.

IMG_8426.JPG

Here is a frontal view. The opening has a 2" height. Next step is to make the shroud.

IMG_8427.JPG

these are two views of the propeller clearance...

IMG_8428.JPG
IMG_8429.JPG

I am going to manufacture my own plenum (or shroud), whatever you want to call it. Basically, it will be something that will contain the prop wash into a smaller area above the cylinders, that way, the air has only one way to go, and that is down and out thru the cylinder fins.

IMG_8433.JPG
IMG_8434.JPG