• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Yak 54, 38% please submit suggestions here....

thank you!!
I just weighed it, so far, under 23 pounds.
Motor + canisters/headers = 12 pounds
radio + batteries and fule tanks = 1.5 pounds

we will be up to roughly 36.5 pounds
I do not know how much the covering and paint will add,

Possibly total weight under 40 pounds????
that would be amazing!

IMG_8213.JPG
IMG_8214.JPG

The pins are dry, took the wings off and took some pictures for you all to see. They are composed of titanium, 1" long, does not weigh much. It is glued in with Hysol. The aspect of the pin that is in the plywood has been scored, so that the glue will inter-digitate with the pin and wood. Helps to lock it in there.

IMG_8216.JPG
IMG_8217.JPG

the stabs and elevators are now ready to be covered. Well, 1st, balsa needs to be prepped. But after that, then they will be ready to be covered.

this was the last step, to install the hard point for the stab tube lock mechanism.

IMG_8219.JPG

Yes, I do a sandwich, 1/4" plywood, 6-32 blind nut, then 1/4" ply again. All the way to the phenolic. Then, I insert tube and use small drill bit, drill into tube, then I tap it with 6/32.

I just weighed the wings/ailerons:
right wing = tip=11.4 ounces root = 22.9 ounces (34.3 ounces or 2 pound & 2.3 ounces)
left wing = tip = 11.4 ounces root = 23 ounces (34.4 ounces or 2 pound & 2.4 ounces)
right aileron = tip=3.8 ounces root = 5.8 ounces (9.6 ounces)
left aileron = tip = 4.3 ounces root = 5.4 ounces (9.7 ounces)

right wing/aileron = 43.9 ounces
left wing/aileron = 44.1 ounces

looks like left wing is about .2 ounces heavier

based on these measurements, should i change anything. The wing tips, aileron tip and root, are not capped yet.