• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA-85 prop

N726AC

70cc twin V2
shotgun;1999 wrote: Well, yeah, that would be it. Those were some awesome pilots weren't they?;)

Yeah, what about the guys that prep those planes for those awesome pilots??

Super08

70cc twin V2
shotgun;1267 wrote: Ant,

FWIW, we had a Mejzlik 27" x 10" thin on our DA85 for over a year. It is on a 100cc MX2. We were satisfied with the combination, until we had a mishap, and had to get a new prop. We put a Falcon 27" x 9" carbon, and it has been different as night and day. Pulls out of a hover "right now". This is on a 24.5 pound airplane. So, you might consider it.

I have used the Mejzlik 27x10th most of the time too. The other one I liked was the Xoar 26x10 laminated. I haven't tried any Falcon props on mine yet but I do plan on it.

reyn3545

100cc
An RE3 with the DA85 on this plane doesn't buy you much more than a good canister would The canister box in the tube is just a little short to accommodate the RE3 even with the standard 11 inch MTW header. You really get the power on an 85 with an extra 3 inches (no puns here)... but you'd have to cut the entire back of the canister tunnel out and have the back 3 inches of the pipe stick out of the tunnel... lots of work to properly cover that up and recover that section of the fuse.

reyn3545;8788 wrote: Speaking of Colton (from the video)... where is he? I haven't heard from him in months.

Living in Douglasville. He recently got married and is doing well. We talk to him pretty regular.

reyn3545

100cc
That's good to hear. I met his girlfriend out at GMA one day... she's a keeper! Tell him congrats for me next time you see him.