• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA-85 prop

Ant

50cc
So I've got the 85 in my Ef 91 Extra and really love the combo.

Currently have a Xoar 26x12 and Pro Flow exhaust. The plane has loads of speed, but I still wouldn't mind having a little more pull out of a hover.

Would a 27x10 be a better fit for that engine, maybe provide quicker spoolup?

Anthony

26x10. You are loading it with pitch. Now, had you said you were using a RE3 with that set up, yhen you would be right on track.

Ken-H

Centerpunchit!
The 27x10 or 3d was my prop of choice for that motor. With that size plane the gyro effects will be more pronounced. Still a good size plane but mine were 100cc versions.

Ant,

FWIW, we had a Mejzlik 27" x 10" thin on our DA85 for over a year. It is on a 100cc MX2. We were satisfied with the combination, until we had a mishap, and had to get a new prop. We put a Falcon 27" x 9" carbon, and it has been different as night and day. Pulls out of a hover "right now". This is on a 24.5 pound airplane. So, you might consider it.

Hey Ant, If you look at the video below this thread, of the video from Nall, that is our MX2 with the DA85 and Falcon prop. It's a pretty awesome video.