• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA 120 with onboard Tach.

Anyone know what size screw is needed to secure the sensor to the DA? I'm guessing is Imperial, maybe 4-40 but I haven't got any lying around to test with...

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Anyone know what size screw is needed to secure the sensor to the DA? I'm guessing is Imperial, maybe 4-40 but I haven't got any lying around to test with...

It is 4-40 on my DA 120. Just look at the threads tapped in the crank case nose. You will see a much more "coarse" thread pattern with 4-40 over a "fine" thread pattern of 3mm.

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So alkyl, dimes, et all... Good to know you guys. You seriously got some n-telligentz!

Maybe I should search but time is short. I am putting tm1000 with ar9000x and will be running gps, temp, and rpm. Motor is....dum de dummmm (drumroll please)

DA-35
(Yes this is like half of a DA-70)
It's the teensiest tiny DA ever, I shat you guys not!

I see the ignition is a step in another direction from the reed pickup DA ignitions of the past.

I'm wondering:anyone has used the evolution ignition adapter for RPM pickup like shown on my DLE120. I found one online at hobby people. They only allow one in the cart at a time or else I got the last one. I had 2 in my cart but one was removed due to restriction.

Alky6

150cc
View attachment 48901 View attachment 48902 View attachment 48899 View attachment 48900
So alkyl, dimes, et all... Good to know you guys. You seriously got some n-telligentz!

Maybe I should search but time is short. I am putting tm1000 with ar9000x and will be running gps, temp, and rpm. Motor is....dum de dummmm (drumroll please)

DA-35
(Yes this is like half of a DA-70)
It's the teensiest tiny DA ever, I shat you guys not!

I see the ignition is a step in another direction from the reed pickup DA ignitions of the past.

I'm wondering:anyone has used the evolution ignition adapter for RPM pickup like shown on my DLE120. I found one online at hobby people. They only allow one in the cart at a time or else I got the last one. I had 2 in my cart but one was removed due to restriction.
I am using that device on my VVRc 40. It is plugged directly into the tach lead on the rcexcel ignition. Then into the Tm 1000 rpm input. Jealous on the 35!

Edit: Just for clarification, you are planning on using the evo unit on the DLE, yes? Otherwise you need to go a different direction and install a second hall effect pickup unit on the DA.

Last edited:

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
Edit: Just for clarification, you are planning on using the evo unit on the DLE, yes? Otherwise you need to go a different direction and install a second hall effect pickup unit on the DA.
Alky,
Yes, I want to use the tm1000 with full telemetry on my DLE120/H9 Extra. I had it previously installed in the tach lead of a rcexl unit on a DLE 20 and it worked flawlessly.

I ordered another for two reasons.
1. They are getting scarce, and I'd want one on hand regardless.
2. I would like to see if I can Y harness this to my DA35 pickup lead, and I thought I have seen it done but I can't remember for sure.

If the consensus is that it can cause RF Interference, I would definitely be installing a second pickup.

I take it that the added hall effect sensor would then plug into the evolution unit, then to the tm1000. Am I correct on this?

Alky6

150cc
I am surprised you found one. They are unfortunately discontinued. Thought I got the last one.... ;)

All you need is the hall effect sensor with a resistor installed as a shunt, some power, and connect to the TM1000. If I recall correctly, @IMAC FANATIC did not use the evolution unit, though he did buy one for a just in case. My understanding is the polarity of the magnet on the DA is opposite the DLE. Make sure you get the hall effect unit you can rotate the semi-conductor in.